Prove it

~ The Next Day ~

~ Aera's POV ~

Now that I've changed myself both mentally and physically, there was really no going back.

For some reason, I felt stronger, fearless, and confident since the incident from yesterday.

Entering school with my hair down and neatly curled, a bit of makeup applied, and my hazel brown colored contacts on, I sensed many eyes staring at me.

"Who is she?"

"She's so pretty..."

"Is she a new student?"

Suddenly, Chaeyeon hurriedly came running over to me with, of course, her desperate followers sticking behind her.

"Hi! I'm Lee Chaeyeon! Since I've never seen you around, I'm guessing you're a new student?" She eagerly asked, clearly trying to become friends with me to demonstrate to everyone how popular she was.

I deviously smirked, slightly leaning into her face to reveal who I was.

"I'm Kim Aera, that worthless little loser you constantly used to pick on."

Chaeyeon and her minions gasped in utter shock, their bodies completely frozen as if they had turned into stone.

I flipped my hair and casually walked past them, heading over to my locker to pack my materials for today.

As I was rummaging through my locker, Park Jimin suddenly leaned against the locker right next to mine with an apple juice box in his right hand.

He took a sip from it, cocked his head at me, and "seductively" raised an eyebrow at me.

"Sup." He said, talking in his deepest, manliest voice he could to impress me I guess.

"What are you doing?" I asked, not really a fan of him since he rudely dissed me on the day I first met him.

"Obviously flirting with you babygirl." Jimin said, causing me to mentally barf at his disgusting remark.

"Jimin, I'm sorry to tell you this, but I'm Aera."

Upon hearing this, his eyes grew extremely large from great astonishment as he dramatically dropped his juice box out of his hand and onto the floor.

"No.... way...." He muttered as he reluctantly gulped.

"And sorry but, I'm not into guys who completely change their attitude towards a girl depending on how they look." I said as I gave him a polite smile, shut my locker, and walked away from him.

Casually walking down the hallway to get to my class, I continued to receive whispers and comments about my appearance.

Although I felt a bit embarrassed, I actually felt really happy because instead of being referred to as "ugly" or "hideous" like I was with my previous self, now I was receiving complimenting words such as "pretty" or "gorgeous".

Reaching my class, I slid open the door and entered, only to cause the entire class to shift their attention to me.

Everyone just speechlessly stared at me walk over to my desk, their heads following the direction I was going.

As soon as I situated myself on my desk, almost half of the class jumped off of their seats and rushed over to me, crowding around me as they attacked me with questions.

"Who are you?"

"You're so pretty!!"

"Wanna be friends?"

"What's your name?"

"Can I get a picture with you?"

All these comments and questions were giving me a headache.

It was truly amazing how everyone's demeanor changed 180 degrees from my previous appearance to my new self.

Suddenly, I heard a loud shout come from the back of the crowd.

"Everyone leave her alone!!"

The people around me instantly became silent, slowly shifting away as they eagerly stared at the person who spoke up.

Upon realizing who it was, I couldn't help but let out a scoff of disbelief.

It was Taehyung.

Is he attempting to become a courageous "hero" who saved me?

Is he trying to impress me by standing up for me or something?

"The class's going to start soon, everyone just go back to your seats and leave her alone." Taehyung stated in a serious tone, his eyebrows furrowed as he signaled everyone to return to their seats.

Then he slowly approached me, a nervous and apprehensive look clearly visible on his face.

I just silently watched him with my arms folded, curious for what he had to say to me.

"H-Hey Aera."

Oh gosh.

Is he trying to go from a ruthless betrayer to an innocent little love-struck boy?

"Didn't I tell you I didn't want anything to do with you anymore? What did you possibly not understand when I told you 'it was nice knowing you' Taehyung?" I asked, irritatedly raising an eyebrow at him.

"Aera, please... I'm really, really sorry! I'll never do that again! I'll never lie to you, I'll never betray you, I'll never use you, and I'll surely treat you better, I promise."

I scoffed again, disgusted at how he actually thought I was going to fall for his stupid words again.

"Taehyung, don't tell me you'll do all those, because I know you wont. You have to fucking prove it to me."

Taehyung attempted to speak up and tell me another bullshit of his, but luckily, the teacher came in.

"I'm not giving up on you, Aera."

With that, he hurriedly rushed back to his seat.