Chapter 1

"Where's mum, dad? When is she going to be back?" Alittle boy sitting in a black Mercedes looked upto his father and asked him, who was on his laptop working on a project.

"Soon son." The father said back and kept on typing.

"But that's what you said last time! I miss her dad." The little boy asked him again now teary eyed.

"Stop asking me ridiculous questions and play with your figurine. Can't you see dad is working?" The man suited in black told the boy off sternly.

"Mr Kim, we are here sir." The driver in the driving seat told the man.

"I'll be back soon. Play in the lobby or something. Do not make any commotion. This deal is important to dad." And with that the man left.

Leaving behind a 7 year old child crying silently looking at the back of his father, with tears rolling down his beautiful face...

~♡~

Present time

Fast forward to the present time, I found solace in the routine of my life. "See you tomorrow!" Stacy bid farewell as I continued organizing books in the library. I waved her goodbye and immersed myself in my work, arranging books meticulously.

This had become my daily ritual – managing the subway during the day and seeking refuge in the public library afterward. The library, a haven of peace, provided a respite from the haunting memories of my past. My apartment, a once-shared space with my ex-boyfriend, became a constant reminder of a love that crumbled unexpectedly.

"Why do you overwork yourself, Lilly?" Mrs. Bert, the receptionist, expressed concern. "Take a day off tomorrow. Have fun, go on dates. Don't be like this." She smiled sympathetically, but my love for the library outweighed my need for rest.

As I left, the November chill enveloped me. After a stop at the store, I was on my way home, crossing a street when a screeching car interrupted the cold night. A stranger pulled me away just in time, preventing a potential accident.

Dazed and grateful, I thanked him, noting his kind eyes and handsome demeanor. Politely declining his offer to walk me home, I retreated, my face reddening at the close call. As he left, he wished me a good night, and I reciprocated, still shaken.

Safe in my apartment, I reflected on the unexpected encounter, appreciating the beauty in the midst of chaos. The near miss served as a stark reminder that life can change in an instant, prompting me to cherish the moments of tranquility, like the quiet refuge of the library and the kindness of a stranger on a chilly night.

~♡~

Dear Diary,

Today I finally met her. She didn't remember me. How could she, she only saw me once. I feel terrible scaring her like that but she finally noticed my present even if it was for a short time...

Diary, I love her so much...

KTH.

~♡~

Next morning I got up early and made plans with Stacy to go clubbing later tonight. I have a day to my self so I should make myself productive. And so I started packing my stuff.

I was going to move out soon. Rent for this apartment was getting difficult for me to pay so I found myself a rather small house, in which I would soon move in with Stacy. We were moving this week so I was happy I had a whole day to myself.