Chapter 17

CH 17

In the evening at the main house. 

Yue Gu Zai was awoken by a heavy pressure that was tossing and turning on top of him. 

Yue Gu Zai and Zhen Zhen opened their eyes at the same time. Her frown changed to a smile after she saw his face. 

‘Did you have a nightmare?'? Yue Gu Zai asked. 

Yue Gu Zai helped Zhen Zhen find a more comfortable position to lay on his chest. 

‘I dreamt Gu Zai was angry at me and left me,' Zhen Zhen said. ‘Gu Zai, don't be angry. I promise I won't play all the time.' 

‘Ok, I won't be angry,' Yue Gu Zai said. 

Yue Gu Zai remembered he didn't think about risks when he saved Zhen Zhen. He couldn't believe he loved seeing Zhen Zhen smile more each day. 

‘I need to grow up faster,' Zhen Zhen said. ‘I want to marry Gu Zai.' 

Yue Gu Zai was happy to hear Zhen Zhen wanted to marry him. ‘Why do you want to marry me?' 

‘Because I love Gu Zai,' Zhen Zhen said. ‘The Bai fox said sooner or later Gu Zai will get married. After Gu Zai is married, Gu Zai won't love me anymore. I want Gu Zai to love me forever so I want to be Gu Zai's wife.' 

Yue Gu Zai smiled. ‘If you want to marry me, you don't need to wait. You can marry me now.' 

‘Really?' Zhen Zhen asked. 

‘Of course,' Yue Gu Zai said. 

Yue Gu Zai raised Zhen Zhen's chin and he looked into her eyes. 

‘Promise you won't regret it?' Yue Gu Zai asked. 

Yue Gu Zai knew he wanted to lie to himself that Zhen Zhen would make an informed decision. 

Zhen Zhen didn't know what Yue Gu Zai's words meant but she nodded her head. 

‘I promise,' Zhen Zhen said. 

Yue Gu Zai didn't care about his unhealed wound. He stood, held Zhen Zhen's hand and they left their room together. 

Bai Yu Tian was guarding outside the room. ‘Boss, where do you want to go?' 

‘To register a marriage,' Yue Gu Zai said. 

‘Boss, you shouldn't go outside,' Bai Yu Tian said. ‘Your wound will take longer to heal. You don't need to leave the house to register a marriage.' 

‘Ok, I'll give you an hour to prepare the wedding ceremony,' Yue Gu Zai said. 

‘Yes boss,' Bai Yu Tian said. 

An hour later a frightened registered celebrant arrived at the main house. 

‘I need the bride and groom to provide proof of their identities and the completed marriage registration form-' the celebrant said. 

‘How is boss supposed to give you everything you requested now?' Huyen Di asked. ‘You only need to perform the ceremony and witness boss and Miss Zhen Zhen sign the marriage registration form.' 

The celebrant didn't dare open his mouth. It was them who asked him to perform a proper wedding ceremony. He wisely pulled out a blank authorised marriage registration form. 

‘If the bride and groom are willing to register their marriage then sign at the bottom of this form,' the celebrant said. 

Yue Gu Zai quickly signed the form while Zhen Zhen pointed at the form.