Chapter 49

CH 49

England.

Zhen Zhen opened all the curtains to let sunlight in. She was still shivering from her encounter with Shu Tang Jue. She sensed Shu Tang Jue did care about Nan Ma, but she didn't feel good about keeping the truth from Nan Ma.

Yue Gu Zai walked into the bedroom, and he saw Zhen Zhen sitting curled up on the bed. He sat next to her and he hugged her.

'Zhen Zhen, what happened?' Yue Gu Zai asked.

Zhen Zhen felt safe in Yue Gu Zai's arms, and she let herself cry.

'Zhen Zhen, I don't care what happened,' Yue Gu Zai said. 'I'll always be by your side.'

'Gu Zai, I saw Shu Tang Jue again,' Zhen Zhen said.

Yue Gu Zai checked Zhen Zhen's body for any injuries, he was relieved she wasn't injured.

'Gu Zai, I'm not injured,' Zhen Zhen said.

'What happened?' Yue Gu Zai asked.

'I went to visit Nan Ma, he's living with her,' Zhen Zhen said. 'He threatened me not to tell Nan Ma about his identity. Gu Zai, do you think he wants to hurt her? What should I do?'

'How long have they been living together?' Yue Gu Zai asked.

'I don't know how long but they looked like they've been living together for a long time,' Zhen Zhen said.

'Zhen Zhen, I don't think he wants to hurt Nan Ma,' Yue Gu Zai said. 'If he wanted to hurt her, he wouldn't be living with her for a long period.'

'You're right,' Zhen Zhen said.

'Don't cry,' Yue Gu Zai said. He wiped Zhen Zhen's tears. 'I'll take you out.'

'Gu Zai, don't you have to work today?' Zhen Zhen asked.

'I've cancelled my work schedule for the day,' Yue Gu Zai said.

Zhen Zhen knew Yue Gu Zai put his work aside because he was worried about her, and he wanted to comfort her. But she didn't know why she felt happy. What if Nan Ma was right about her being in love with Yue Gu Zai?

'Zhen Zhen, why is your face red?' Yue Gu Zai asked. 'Do you have a fever?'

'No,' Zhen Zhen said.

'OK,' Yue Gu Zai said. 'Where do you want to go?'

'I want to go on a Safari,' Zhen Zhen said.

'It's too last minute for us to go to Africa,' Yue Gu Zai said.

'Mmm... then I want you to teach me how to shoot,' Zhen Zhen said.

'Why do you want to learn to shoot?' Yue Gu Zai asked.

'Because I want to protect myself in an emergency,' Zhen Zhen said.

'OK,' Yue Gu Zai said. 'I'll take you to practice shooting.'

Yue Gu Zai took Zhen Zhen to Ni Sheng's headquarters in a secret location.

Yue Gu Zai held Zhen Zhen's hand, and he gave her a tour of Ni Sheng's headquarters. If someone saw Yue Gu Zai, they would greet him.

'Boss,' Zhong Shen greeted.

'Zhen Zhen, this is Zhong Shen,' Yue Gu Zai introduced. 'He's in charge of the shooting range.'

Huyen Di saw Yue Gu Zai and Zhen Zhen in the shooting range, and he ran outside to greet Yue Gu Zai.

'Boss,' Huyen Di greeted.