Chapter 74

CH 74

Full house. 

‘I'm sorry we're late,' Lucy said. 

‘It's OK,' Zhen Zhen said. ‘Dinner's just cooked.' 

Zhen Zhen thought her daughter-in-law was a polite young lady. She would support Zhen Wu's decision to marry the person he loved. 

‘Hello aunty, hello uncle,' Lucy said. ‘I'm Lucy Brenda.' 

‘Dawson Brenda's little granddaughter?' Zhen Zhen asked. 

Zhen Zhen remembered the little girl Lucy who followed Zhen Wu around in Italy. 

Zhen Wu hugged Lucy and he smiled at Zhen Zhen. 

‘Mum, Lucy's the same little girl I met in Italy,' Zhen Wu said. ‘Let's talk over dinner.' 

‘Yes, come sit and eat,' Zhen Zhen said. 

‘Aunty, you remember me?' Lucy asked. 

‘Of course I remember you,' Zhen Zhen said. ‘Because of you, Zhen Wu decided to…' 

‘Mum, eat dinner,' Zhen Wu said. 

Zhen Wu put food into Zhen Zhen's bowl, and Zhen Zhen forgot what she wanted to say. 

Shu Tang Jue ate a mouthful of Yue Gu Zai's delicious dinner, but he acted like he was eating dirt. 

‘Small rice grain, I know you're a picky eater,' Shu Tang Jue said. ‘These dinner dishes don't taste as good as my dinner dishes. But you should eat a little here. When we're home, I'll cook delicious dinner dishes for you.' 

Nan Ma knew Shu Tang Jue's insults were aimed at Yue Gu Zai. She ignored Shu Tang Jue and chatted with Zhen Zhen. 

‘I didn't invite you to dinner,' Yue Gu Zai said. ‘It's your thick face that crawled here to eat dinner.' 

‘Small rice grain and I are Xiao Wu and Xiao Ni's godparents,' Shu Tang Jue said. ‘It's normal for us to want to see our grandchildren.' 

‘It's your thick face that can't see your own son,' Yue Gu Zai said. ‘You have a son, but you want to raise my children.' 

Everyone at the table except Lucy were used to Yue Gu Zai and Shu Tang Jue bickering every time they were in the same room with each other. Bai Yu Tian fed Chu Gian dinner. Cheng Yi played with Yue Di Yi while eating. Yue Ni and Shu Tang Li ate dinner quietly. Only Lucy gasped and worried Yue Gu Zai and Shu Tang Jue would kill each other at the dining table. 

‘Zhen Wu, shouldn't someone stop them from fighting?' Lucy asked. 

‘Lucy ignore them,' Zhen Wu said. ‘Taste the fish. It's mum's favorite so it's dad's most delicious dish.' 

Zhen Wu passed the plate of fish to Lucy. 

‘So what if I want to adopt Xiao Wu and Xiao Ni?' Shu Tang Jue asked. ‘I love them like they're my children. I don't mind if you adopt Xiao Li and raise Xiao Li here.' 

Yue Ni was worried Yue Gu Zai would fall into Shu Tang Jue's trap, and the little boy Shu Tang Li would live under the same roof as her. 

‘Dad, don't fall for small dad's trap,' Yue Ni said. 

‘Uncle Yue, I don't mind calling you dad,' Shu Tang Li said. 

Shu Tang Li thought Yue Gu Zai's cooking tasted more delicious that evening than usual. 

Yue Gu Zai didn't need Yue Ni to remind him of the devious Shu father and son. Yue Gu Zai wouldn't fall for their traps, and give away his precious little daughter.