Chapter Six

I wake up in a room. It had boring white walls, some carnations on a table, and a 'Get Well Soon' balloon. I was in a hospital. I try to sit up but a pain in belly makes me wince. I look at my hand. It had IVs and surgical tape on it. I look on the rails of the bed and try to find the remote. I lift up the stale white sheets rivaling the missing remote. I hit the little button with a arrow pointing up. I hold it until I was at a comfortable position. I push down onto a red button; that calls the nurse. A woman in scrubs rushes in.

"Sweetie, you've been asleep for month." She says writing on her clipboard.

"What?!" I almost scream, but a pain in my stomach stops me.

"When you fell you hit your head, hard." She says calling for another nurse to come in. She lays down her clipboard and goes out the door, into the nurses' station. She comes back in with a needle, a tube, blue tape-like stuff, and a test tube. Oh please no! I knew what she was about to do. She opened the package for the needle and took it out. She laid it on the bedside table and took out the blue tape. She tied it around my arm, cutting off the circulation. She pulls a small, white alcohol pad and wipes a small part of my arm off. She throws the alcohol pad away and picks up the needle again. She thumps the needle and moves it over to my arm.

"This won't hurt much." She say jabbing the needle in my arm. I squeak as my blood runs down the tube into the test tube. When the test tube is full of my precious blood, she pulls the needle out and tapes gauze where the needle was. She disappears back to the nurses's station.

The nurse walks in with a few more people. They were men dressed in black.

"What is your name?" The nurse demands.

"S...Sophia Jones." I ask beginning to shake.

"We tried to identify your blood, no one on Earth has the same type of blood. Also, there is no Sophia Jones." She says signaling to one of the guards.

"We found traces of cat DNA in your blood." The guards come and pick me up, but before they can I pick of my phone and slip it into my pocket. The guards walk me down the hallway. When we get outside, they throw me into a white van. Inside there was another girl. She looked up at me.

"They... They are taking us to a hybrid facility."