Chapter Fifteen

The forest was silent, all except the sound of soft paw steps in the leaves. The moon was hidden behind the dark storm clouds. Ghostfur's eye was stone cold gray, as her heart felt at that moment. A drop of fresh rain dropped onto her upper spine, she grunted and ignored it. In the distance a frog croaked, behind her all her friends, and more, from the Star Stone meetings. A new smell came through her small black nose, it was a warm milky scent, a queen. She felt the presence brush against her side, she knew who it was.

"Mother, what are you doing here? Can they hear you," Ghostfur asks.

"No, but they can hear you! So keep it down," Shellstone meows.

"Ok, ok. I get it," Ghostfur whispers.

"You have kin, one whom is here with you."

"Yeah, you," Ghostfur stops to sniff the ground, then continues.

"Don't sass me! It's not me, one of your friends, I'll give you a hint. She's your sister," Ghostfur's mother says. Shellstone licks Ghostfur's ear. "Your father told me to say, 'You are the strongest and bravest person he knows and that he approves of Lunareyes.'"

"I love you, both you and father. I must go," Ghostfur says with tears in her eyes.

"Goodbye darling, don't be embarrassed about that little fella of yours," Shellstone smiles. "I've always wanted to be a grandma."

Ghostfur chuckles under her breath and continues to walk. Soon, a acid reek enters Ghostfur's pink nostrils. Her pace quickened, she finally reached the steep hill that she ran over so many times. Ghostfur stood in horror. Her blue orbs grew large as the moon, as she stared down below her.