Chapter 9: Options

|jess|

"Tell her it was you"

"Why the hell would I do that?"

"Because otherwise you'll regret it"

"You killed my baby and damn straight your gonna regret that" he yelled his fist quickly colliding with the side of my face.

"I was meant To kill her, guess I grabbed the weak pack of drugs"

He swung his fist at me again this time leaving my nose dripping with blood.

"HEY!" A voice yelled, it was a hospital staff member.

"Say it was you or I'll kill her, you, and your family"

His face turned dark and cold before I left the scene.

|jake|

I didn't know what to do, I was stuck, stuck in this long hard equation and now I didn't know what do do

I had 2 options; protect Alissa and confess to a crime I didn't commit, or tell the cops everything and risk loosing her.

That small risk dove throughout my veins and stabbed me through the heart.

I had to lose everything inside me.

I had to have her anger upon me.

I had to have the death of our baby in my name.

But I would do it, for Alissa.

Because nothing in the world meant more to me than that girl.

|Alissa|

I couldn't move.

I couldn't breathe.

I couldn't think.

I couldn't believe.

I couldn't believe that jake would do something like that.

He reached his hand to me "I'm sorry" he whispered.

"You nearly killed me jake" I sobbed, I wouldn't let him hurt me, not this time.

"A-Alissa" he sighed.

"No Jake, I can't do this. You need to leave"

"No I-"

"I SAID LEAVE!" I screamed tears dragging down my cheeks, I couldn't contain myself anymore.

"And don't ever, try to come back" I added.

His body went white as his face was also stricken with tears

All I wanted to do was to lay in his arms and know that everything is okay.

But I couldn't do it anymore.

And I would never do that again.

I would not fall back to Jake Paul.

I dragged my nails down the sides of my face as it burned. The burning sensation I was once addicted to.

I was again becoming addicted to.

I felt skin fall into my nails and looked into the mirror to see blood popping to the surface.

"Oh great" I mumble to myself.

"Hello alissa, I'm just here to attach you to things machine, which will flush your body clean of the drugs that have entered your system" a women said, she was about in her 20s and I identified her as a nurse.

She connected me to the machine and I immediately felt the liquid rush through my body.

In those moments I felt free

Like nothing could hurt many anymore

But every nightmare had a monster

And my monster was Jake Paul.

|Jake|

Fear.

Regret.

Sadness.

Failure.

Words my mind didn't want.

But there was no escape.

Fear of getting hurt, regret from hurting her, sadness of being lost, and failure of protecting the love of my life.

Without her I was nothing.

I needed her back.

But first I had to solve the problem of jess

And with that, I had no choice but to kill her.

The team 10 house was empty, so I grabbed my gun and headed out.

I stepped through the door to see Jess. Standing on the path right infront of me.

"Jess" I said nervously.

"I'm sorry jake" she cried walking towards me.

I couldn't think, couldn't breathe.

But I knew, the closer I was to her, the easier it was to take her life.

"Why did you do it?" I asked, desperate for answers.

"I couldn't stand the thought of you with someone else jakey" she said leaning closer

"Honestly, I haven't stopped thinking about you" I said trying to stop a deathly smile from playing on my lips.

As the conversation moved, I slowly began to get her wrapped around my little finger.

We headed to her apartment and moved to her bed, I knew to get her I was going to need to kiss her

It sickened me to think about it.

"I'll be back" she said before heading up the stairs.

This was my chance.

I ran to the kitchen grabbing a knife and slipping it underneath the pillow.

I was going to stab her.

I had read on this method once in a book. I would kiss her, position the knife behind her, and then when she pulled back, it would kill her.

As jess walked back to the bed, I prepared myself for the situation ahead.

She immediately grabbed my face and I kissed back playing into her games.

My hand roamed her back for distraction, as my other hand desperately reached underneath the pillow

I positioned the knife directly behind her just as planned

This was it.

She began to go back and in that moment it was as if everything froze and reality hit me, I was about to kill somebody.

It wasn't long until I realised she literally had frozen.

"You really think I'm that stupid Paul?"

My eyes widened.