Chapter 12: apologise

|alissa|

"I... I'm sorry" she said as a tear trailed down her cheek

Was I hearing this girl right?

"I was jealous, I was stupid, and I ruined everything you had."

I steeped further into the door.

"I'm not asking for forgiveness" she told me.

"I just want to apologise" she whimpered, another tear trailing down her cheek.

"Cmon alissa, let's go" chantel whispered in my ear before giving a slight tug on my arm.

"Hold up" I said still intrigued at the sight.

I stepped further into the room and I could see jess becoming uncomfortable.

"I forgive you" I told her before turning and leaving with chantel not another word spoken.

"Are you okay?" Chantel asked me as we walked out.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I told her letting the lie slip through my lips.

Little did she know I was slowly breaking inside.

|jake|

I was cold, dark, lonely

I wanted to hold Alissa in my arms and tell her I was sorry.

I wanted to call it quits and end things once and for all.

But Alissa couldn't live with me doing that.

And I couldn't rest peacefully with her hurting.

Alissa was my rock that helped me make it through.

And I had to be strong, for her.

I looked at my Rolex which had surprisingly been left on me and the time read 2:35am

It was Thursday today.

Shit.

I rest my head on the pillow trying to force myself even into a few hours of sleep.

Anything was better than nothing

After many hours of up and down resting, light finally entered the building and I heard the buzz of my cell opening.

Two police officers grabbed my wrists and dragged me through the doors as I just obliged to help my case.

That's when I saw her beautiful face standing in the doorway.

I couldn't help myself.

"Alissa!" I called out tears threatening to pour down my cheeks.

She was my weakness.

"It's gonna be okay jake, you'll be okay, just be good" she said to me which bought immediate calmness over me.

I could see her eyes becoming watery and all I wanted to do was kick away these guards and hold my baby girl.

But I had to listen to her words. after all, the worse I act today the longer I'll be put away.

I was thrown into the back of a police car and that's when I broke.

I sobbed, tears trailing their way down my tender face.

I reached for my arm throwing my fist into it.

What was my purpose for life anyway?

Alissa deserved someone so much better than me, so much stronger than me. And so much more protective than me.

Instead she had me, a wimp that couldn't even cover up his own issues.

|alissa|

"Please rise" the man said as I rose from my seat.

I could see a broken and beaten jake sitting at the table tears still surrounding his eyes

His bare arms were smeared with bruises and his eyes had dark purple circles underneath them.

The judge reached his stall and the whole courtroom took a seat.

My mind went dark and all the words spoken turned into a muffled sound.

Statement after statement, word after word.

Jakes life was slowly slipping through my fingers

And there wasn't a single thing I could do to stop it.

Then came the question I doomed.

The question that snapped me out of my darkness

"Jake Joseph Paul, do you plead guilty to the attempted murder of Jess Lucy Walker?"

"Yes sir, I am guilty"
__________

Okay please don't come murder me I'm just a 14 year old with a big imagination 😂😂

Also I want to apologise

I've been super slack lately, and I honestly don't have an excuse apart from my holiday for abandoning you guys

I know how annoying it is when people don't update and I am very guilty of that

I'm starting the next chapter now and I'm gonna try make it really long to stop your waiting

Again, I'm really sorry

I say it a lot, but I will be better