Chapter 16: News

[2 weeks later]

|jake|

I sat in my cell staring at the photos of me and Alissa that covered my wall.

"Mr. Paul, you have a visitor." A guard told me and he grabbed my arm and led me to the visitor's lounge.

It was then I saw her beautiful face standing in the doorway. Her teeth running over her lip.

"Alissa" my breath hitched as I said her name. She pulled me in for a hug letting the scent of strawberries whaf up my nose leaving me in awe.

She pulled away and looked at me with a serious expression.

"Jake I have news," she told me.

I immediately felt my throat close over.

She has to move on eventually I told myself. She can't spend forever waiting for me on the other side of the bars.

"I'm pregnant"

Woah.

Not what I was expecting.

"Really?!" I asked, excitement in my voice.

"Yeah"

"Oh my god! Alissa!" I said pulling her in for a hug.

I couldn't believe it

I looked down at her belly, placing my hand over top.

"Hey little bubba, it's daddy" I whispered, my eyes filling with tears.

I stood up. "I'm not even going to be there to watch my little daughter grow up," I said with a hint of regret and guilt in my voice.

"Daughter?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I have a really strong feeling it's a girl, daddy's little girl"

"Awww jakeyyy," she said.

I hugged her once again as I saw the guards' cold stare wash over me from the corner of my eye.

"visiting hours are over" a guard called

"already" I mumbled quietly as I looked at Alissa, sadness in my eyes.

"I love you," i told her as I picked up her hand to place a delicate kiss on top.

"love you too" she whispered before she walked out the door, cradling her stomach in her arms.

[8 months later]

|alissa|

my stomach was growing bigger by the day and I was ready to give birth in about 10 days. it was pretty crazy how much things had changed in the past year. losing the baby, jake being imprisoned, becoming pregnant with another baby.

I continued to visit jake as often as possible, and you could see the excitement in his eyes as the baby inside of me slowly became bigger.

jess had been removed from the hospital and placed into a mental asylum, where she continued her treatment.

as for me, life was pretty painful with a giant baby inside of me, but I was happy my dysfunctional family had finally started to find somewhat peace.

I had moved into logans guest bedroom, where he and his friends treated me like an absolute princess and were so kind and sweet.

I had organized for mine and jakes mom to be at the birth, and Logan said he would bring me to the hospital and wait outside waiting to meet his gorgeous niece or nephew.

I was so eager to find out what I was having, but unfortunately, at the scan, they were unable to tell so I would have to wait until the birth.

but I was okay with that, as long as the baby is happy and healthy which it is, its heartbeat is super strong and damn that thing can kick.

I just can't wait to hold my beautiful baby in my arms and show him or her off to the world.