Chapter 14: no matter what happens

|alissa|

I lay beside him in that bed, lost in my own thoughts while he slept

The voice in my head screamed at me and I tried so hard to fight back. But I couldn't.

That was our last night.

And now it's gone.

"Jake" I whispered while lightly shaking his shoulder.

"We have to go" I told him, a tear threatening to spill.

I grabbed ahold of his hand and he pulled me closer towards him.

"I love you alissa, I love you so damn much. No matter what happens today that will never change"

"I love you too jakey boy" I said, tears falling from my eyes at pace.

I sat up and he followed, our last time getting out of bed together"

Reality hit me and I almost felt like I was being stabbed in the chest.

I ran up to him and placed my lips against his. He was surprised at first, but then realised and kissed me back.

I didn't care about breathing

I didn't want to let go.

As I put my hair up I leant against the bathroom sink and stared at myself in the mirror

I wasn't sure how I was going to survive without him.

He was the reason I woke up in the morning, the reason I wanted to live and the reason I continued to live.

He was the reason my scars healed and didn't countinue.

He was the reason I was breathing oxygen, the reason I had finally learnt what love really was.

He was the reason I put an effort into how I looked.

But most importantly, he was the reason for my happiness.

I would miss our late night conversations, our mid-day chipotle, our smiles, our laughs, our kisses, our arguments, our jokes, our times where we would text while sitting beside each other, the little words he would say to me, his breath in my ear as he whispered 'I love you', his good morning texts, his goodnight texts,

I would miss him more than I could ever imagine.

Tears were around my eyes as we walked to the door, ready for the painful and terrifying day ahead.

The car ride felt like seconds, the day was slipping through my fingers.

We steeped out into the warm LA air and walked inside slowly, like chains dragging behind our feet.

I grabbed his hand just as we steeped through the court doors.

"No matter what happens, I'll always love you" I cried into his shoulder.
He smashed his lips against mine, the kiss was forced, but passionate, so. Damn. Passionate.

He walked into the courtroom and was escorted to his seat. I sat in mine at the back.

Everyone in the court room including me rised from their chairs and seated soon after

The laywers tore at each other, luckily we had one of the best in the game.

Then came the time we had all been waiting for.

The final decision.

"Jake Joseph Paul, as this was partially for defence and protection, you have been sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for the attempted murder of Jess Lucy Walker"

Tears streamed down my cheeks as he stood slowly putting his hands in front of him ready to be cuffed.

"That won't be necessary Paul", the police officer said grabbing his arm and putting him in the back of the car.

I ran out just in time to see him mouth my favourite words for the last time before he was taken into prison

'I love you'

_______

I'm sorry this is shorter than usual, I wrote it in class and I only have an hour which is nearly over.

There will be another chapter next week :)