5

When Desemona had awakened, Daenerys wasn't in the bed beside her. The morning light had begun to filter in through the thin linen curtains. The widows shutters had been thrown open, and that's were she was. Leaning over the wall out in the open.

Her silvery curls falling down her back as she stood on her tip toes to reach what ever it was she was doing. Desemona arched her eyebrow and stretched herself awake fully, acknowledging that yes it was the first time in many years she had slept the entire night.

She padded over to Daenerys who was entranced in the window.

"What are you doing?" The young woman jumped.

"Oh-! I didn't hear you wake, did you sleep well?"

The witch nodded. "I did. So-?" She gestured to the window trying to get an explanation.

"Right, I was feeding the ravens. They hover in the morning hours, so I began to feed them." About at that moment one of the large birds landed in the open window an cawed as it dropped a shiny rock.

"They began to pay me for my charity," Daenerys tossed the bird a scrap of meat from her bowl and it gobbled it up before taking flight. Desemona picked up the rock, it was a crystal most likely a part of a necklace at one point.

"They like you. You don't scare them off." Desemona smiled. "Birds can see into the soul. They don't much care for me."

Daenerys looked afflicted, "I doubt that's true. You're lovely-"

Desemona stepped closer.

"I'm terrifying love, the birds know." Desemona lifted her chin with a dark nail. Daenerys peered up at her from her long lashes.

"Of course. How could I forget?"

The kiss was short but as passionate as ever when Daenerys rest her hands on the witch's hips.

"Am I ever going to get used to that?" Daenerys breathed.

"I sure hope not, for that would mean I've lost my touch."

The pair pulled away.

"What now?"

Desemona pinched her eyebrows together. "What do you mean?"

"What is next for us? I don't know anything about what is to come. Any moment my brother could barge in and-" she interrupted the panic.

"What could he do? Scream? His outrage is nothing compared to my annoyance at being interrupted. I can reside here with you if you wish." Desemona cupped her face. "You command it my love, and you shall have it."

"Is it so simple?"

"How could it not be?" Desemona tilted her head, dark hair spilling over her shoulder. "You fell for the Desert Witch not a common magician."

Daenerys looked down at her feet as she brought her own hand to rest upon Desemona's.

"Alright."

"Alright?"

"I want you to stay. I want him to leave."