여덞

yugyeom. 

A few days after Yugyeom and Jungkook's convenience store encounter, Yugyeom noticed that something was off. They didn't have any classes with each other, but they often passed each other around campus; Yugyeom saw Jungkook enough to see that something was wrong. Even though Yugyeom knew he had no valid reason to be, he was worried.

Since Yugyeom was too afraid to actually wear his mystery man's sweatshirt, he distracted himself with trying to figure out what was up with Jungkook. He ignored how pathetic and scared he was by focusing on Jungkook's change in behaviour. He wasn't sure what his sudden interest in Jungkook was—it was creepy and he knew—but he didn't question it. Something in him just felt drawn to Jungkook and that naturally caused him to be concerned about the other's health.

Yugyeom found himself zoning out during class, coming up with possible explanations for Jungkook's change. Everything from some sort of break up to family problems crossed Yugyeom's mind, but Yugyeom could just tell that he wasn't guessing correctly. Besides how ridiculous his ideas were getting, part of him just refused to believe that the Jeon Jungkook had any type of problem. He seemed too perfect to have anything to worry about.

Still, Yugyeom's doubts didn't stop him from taking the chance to ask. Once again, the two bumped into each other on the way to class and both of them dropped their belongings. It was kind of embarrassing that they kept meeting each other that way, but Yugyeom admittedly found it a little cute. At least Jungkook could remember him as the clumsy kid that doesn't look up when he walked.

"Sorry. I need to start paying attention," Yugyeom apologised. He sent Jungkook an embarrassed smile, only for Jungkook to bite his lip and look away.

"It's fine." But it didn't seem fine. Jungkook seemed pretty annoyed, and Yugyeom was suddenly a little scared.

"Is something wrong?" Yugyeom asked quietly. "You look like I set your homework on fire or something."

"I just- You're fine. I should go to my class now." Jungkook shook his head and let out a quiet deep breath.

"Are you sure it's okay? Are you okay?" Yugyeom stared at Jungkook, but the latter was still avoiding eye contact.

"Why would you think I'm not okay?" Jungkook shot back, almost angry.

"You seemed a little down recently." Silence. "It's none of my business, I know. I'm sorry I brought it up."

"I didn't mean to get mad." Jungkook seemed to have a quick mental struggle before he continued, "It's just been a rough week."

"Well, if you ever wanted to talk about it, feel free to come over." Yugyeom gave Jungkook another smile, which Jungkook halfheartedly returned. Then Jungkook nodded and walked away without any sort of goodbye.
Yugyeom wanted to smash his head into a wall the moment Jungkook left. What the hell was he doing? Firstly, if he had to ask Jungkook if he was okay, there was a very high chance that he was not okay. Then he told Jungkook that he would listen to his problems, which Yugyeom realised was just downright stupid. They weren't friends. Jungkook wouldn't go to Yugyeom if he needed to help.

Times like those, Yugyeom really wished he had better social skills. Had he known what to say, he would've spared himself the embarrassment and stopped himself from butting into Jungkook's life. Jungkook was probably so weirded by Yugyeom; he couldn't blame Jungkook if he started avoiding him. Yugyeom would avoid himself, too, if he had the choice.

The rest of the day slurred together. Yugyeom couldn't focus on anything and it felt like he was just stumbling for class to class. It was like a breath of fresh air when he walked into his own room, safe from any potential social interactions. BamBam was gone doing who knew what, so Yugyeom didn't have to worry about him either.
The day's events kept replaying in his head. It seemed like every time the memories started up again, he felt a little more annoyed with himself than he had the previous time. Before he could let his thoughts get suffocating, he pulled out his homework and started distracting himself with uninteresting pages of text.

By the time he was done, he felt almost numb. Instead of feeling annoyed or lonely mor even tired, all he could think about was the last math problem he finished and why he was taking any math classes in the first place. He supposed that feeling nothing was better than what he was used to. Maybe homework was a good way to ignore his emotions.

After he put his papers away, he sprawled out on his bed and let out a long sigh. His life was starting to feel so boring. He had didn't have motivation to do much anymore, and that scared him. He needed something more in his life, but he had no idea what. Or maybe it wasn't something he needed—it was someone.

edited.
____
Word Count: 841