CHAPTER 12.

"You must move your servant away on the bottom floor, with the other vampire servants. It is the rules of the house," I hear a man say from the other room. "The royals find it unsuitable for humans to be in the same quarters,"

"Yes, she may be taken there," William says.

I am quickly told to gather my things and be escorted down to the servant rooms. I have never roomed so close to regular vampires before. My first thought when I got here was to ask them how to get out. Vampires were allowed outside, this was my way out. 

When we walked down the flights of stairs to get there I saw the small hallway with grey cement flooring and dark wooden doors. The hallway was empty and there was no sound. I was told they were out doing their daily duties for the day. I felt it was a good thing, I did not feel like making new friends at the moment. I wondered if I was still supposed to serve the royals, or if I was to stay in this room for the duration of my visit.

I knew this was Isaac's doing.

There was no doubt in my mind. He hated me and he hated that I was here. He wanted me as far away as possible, but it still didn't explain why he has acted the way he has around me.

For the rest of the day I stayed in my room and thought to myself. I couldn't do anything else. There was nothing else for me to do. I also noticed that there was another bed in this room. I wondered if someone else was staying here and I wondered if they would be back soon.

Eventually after hours of silence I start to hear voices come from down the hallway. I sit up quickly and wait for the voices to come near. I then hear them right outside my door and then it finally opens.

"Oh..." I heard a girl say surprised.

I look at her standing there. It was a girl with long blond hair and a round pretty face. Her eyes are a striking blue and her outfit is much like mine. "Who are you?"

"Violet" I said wondering if my name was what she wanted to know.

I saw others start to peer from behind her at me.

"You're a human?" she says almost shocked.

"Yes"

"Well look at that, I thought he usually just killed them," I hear a voice from behind her say as she starts to walk in and others crowd the doorway even more. I was surprised they were so interested in me.

"I'm a personal servant"

"That doesn't matter" the blond girl says walking over to me. As she gets closer I see her eyes start to look me over. "Go to your rooms, she is fine"

The vampires in the doorway all stand there for a couple of moments then they started to disperse back to their rooms chatting amongst one another. Relief washes over me as they go away, but I sill see the blond girl staring at me.

"I'm Cassie."

Cassie then got up and shut the door and turned back around to look at me.

"Where are you from?" she asks walking back over to her bed across from mine. As I look around the room I notice how bland it is. Much like my rooms from the past, but this one was smaller. There was one cabinet with candles on top of it and two beds with sheets and a pillow. That was all we had.

"Lady Caroline and Lord William"

"Can't believe they brought you here,"

"Why?"

"Well, I guess William hasn't stayed in his home before. He would know how he doesn't like humans"

"I think he knows. I think everybody knows"