CHAPTER 15.

Isaac ordered me to go straight to his room and wait for him. I felt uncomfortable being there as I might get caught, but I followed orders and went. I waited for a couple of hours impatiently and soon enough he came back. As he walks in, the doors open and close on their own and he walks over to me.

"You better tell me what is going on," I say staring him down. "What am I?"

He then walks over to the table with liquor and takes a bottle and drinks straight from it. I watch him do it again then he walks over to the couch and sits down. I walk over as well and sit down next to him.

"You are the prophecy. I have learned about the prophecy since I was a child from my elders. The prophecy only happens around every 70 years, whenever the current emperor dies. The emperor is the highest royal of all, the emperor is picked by fate and they are destined for it since they were born. Unless they have siblings of the same gender then they are both destined," he says.

"What do I have to do with any of this?" I ask impatient.

"You are more like what triggers the event, you are like the key we needed to find. Although usually some how the prophecy and the emperor find each other and that is how they know"

I sit there in silence for a few moments then I decide to speak up. "How did you think I could be the one?"

"I could smell your blood, I was drawn to it since the first moment you entered the room. The first night I saw you, I didn't know who it was until I saw you in that ballroom. I should have known right away, I should have told someone," he says running his hands through his dark and now messy hair.

"What is my purpose?" I ask ignoring the comment he had just made. I didn't want to think about him thinking about my blood like that.

He becomes very silent for a few moments and I feel my blood run cold. Why was he so silent?

"We both have to bite you to start to transition, then it is whoever wins between me and my brother becomes emperor"

I stay silent waiting for more.

 "Violet... I've never seen a human survive a royal bite before. They don't survive"

I suddenly become very scared. I get up from the couch quickly and start to back away.

"Violet..."

"Why have you been kissing me! If you knew that you were going to kill me, why did you do those things?"

"It's the blood, it makes me have some sort of feelings for you so I could be drawn to you and eventually complete the transition. I don't want to kill, I wont kill you"

"So, it's the blood?" I say looking straight at him. "Only the blood?"

"That is how partnering works as well, which is why all of... this has happened"

I then realise that I am like a partner to him, and my blood works like Caroline's did for William. I couldn't help but think the feelings weren't real, but I didn't understand why I cared so much?

"What are you transitioning into?"

"An emperor, something more powerful then others"

"And you brother, who is he?"

Isaac then becomes quiet for a moment. "We don't really speak anymore, nobody speaks to him"

"Why?"

He then takes another drink of the bottle of alcohol. "You need to leave Violet, go do your daily duties. I need to get ready for my ceremony"

"With Rose?"