CHAPTER 14.

I feel myself being beaten repeatedly by them. I felt it would never end. It was my punishment for being with them on the raid. It was what I had coming for me.

When they were done I heard a voice tell them to stop and go and check on the others. I am guessing they are the other kids that were just as guilty as us. I then felt myself be picked up and shoved against the cold brick wall by my jacket.

"You're lucky they didn't kill you Violet, I should've killed you and your bastard friends," he yells in my face.

"Did you kill him? Did you kill Jack?" I ask coughing and opening my eyes to look at him.

"No, I've got something better in store for him. I didn't want to do this Violet... but you left me with no choice," Tony says easing up on his hold on me.

"I don't believe a word you say anymore. You'll kill him the first chance you get," I say wiping blood from my lip.

"All you care about is Jack"

"He's like my brother, Tony. I can't just abandon him"

"That bastard betrayed me and you still stand behind him," He says tightening his grip.

"He takes care of me and I owe him my life"

"I thought you loved me Violet! How fucking could you!" he yells getting closer to me. I stand there staring at him. "How could you be apart of that?"

"I do... but Jack is in trouble,"

"He is always in trouble, that kid pisses off everyone that he meets,"

"No, its different this time. He's in something deep. He won't tell me anything."

"I can't give you lenience anymore Violet, I can't protect you anymore"

"I know..." I say closing my eyes holding back tears. Tony is the only reason I am not dead yet. He was the leader of one of the most powerful drug trade groups known in this state at a younger age. People are afraid of him. I was afraid of him for the longest time.

I was never supposed to be here, I was never supposed to be in this mess.

I then feel his lips on mine and his hand on my face. He then lets go of me and I open my eyes to see him walking away. When he is out of sight I look around for my friends.

"What the hell was that?" I heard Tania say near me, I then closed my eyes and shake my head.

I didn't want her to find out this way.

 ........

I wake up to myself throwing up once again whatever I had inside of me. I look around to find myself back in my room. Nobody was here. I had no strength to get up and clean my mess, so I just lie back in my bed and fall back asleep.

When I wake up again I find myself in my bed with my forehead wet with sweat. I move around a bit and I look around to see Cassie sitting on her bed.

"Violet?" she asks.

"What happened?" I ask.

"You've been sick, for a couple of days now. You've been screaming in your sleep"

"I'm sorry," I say starting to get up.

"Caroline came down once, I thought you wanted to know"

"She did?"

Cassie nods her head. I then notice the floor is clean and my clothing had been laid out for me. "Thank you Cassie"

"Are you feeling well enough to work? We need extra hands with the unification tomorrow," she says getting straight to the point like she always does.