10

Dahee's POV

That week, I was working at a stationary store near my house when someone came in. I shouted welcome and I looked up.

" Chanyeol ?! " My eyes widened as he walked towards me and slammed his hand against the counter.

" Why did you leave ?! " He raised his voice and the customers who were about to enter left the store.

I sighed, " Can you meet me after i'm do- "

" No. I want you to explain now, at this instance ! " He screamed and I looked at him in the eyes as I nodded.

" I want to leave you. " I said calmly, holding back the tears that were threatening to fall out of my eyes. He nodded calmly.

" So you rejected me ? " He asked with hurt on his face and I nodded. He looked around and nodded before walking out of the store.

It's all lies, Chanyeol.

It's all for your own good.

We are from two different backgrounds, I can't be with you.

I took a tissue and wiped my tears before going back to work. I sniffed a couple times before welcoming the next customer.

After i'm done with my work, I closed the store and walked to the nearest food stall to get my dinner.

" One Vegetable stew ! " I said as I found an empty table and sat down there. I ordered Vegetable stew not because I want to, but it's more like it's the cheapest on the menu.

When they served my vegetable stew, all I see is vegetables.

I ate it anyway and I took a bus trip to the hospital to visit my grandmother.

When I got there, I saw my aunty bursting in tears and Suho stood outside of her ward as he covered his face using his hands.

It can't be.

" Dahee- "

" No. I don't believe it. " I said as I opened the door to the hospital ward to see the doctor and a nurse discussing something.

They turned to look at me but all I can focus on was on the blanket behind them. It was used to cover something and that something can't be my grandma.

I walked past them and I stood right beside the bed that used to belong to my grandma.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I fell to the ground.

" Grandma, you can't leave. " I said as I cried really hard. I looked at the nurse and doctor, hoping for them to say she's alive.

" I'm sorry, we've tried. " That's what they said instead of what I wanted to hear.

Suho came in and dragged me out of the room. I sat on the seats outside of the room, everything happened too quickly.

" Suho, grandma is still alive right ? " I asked as tears  rolled down my cheeks like waterfall. He shook his head slowly with tears rolling down his cheeks.

That day, we brought her body to the funeral wake and her friends all came to visit her. They were crying badly and I just stared at the floor blankly.

I walked to the empty room and sat down there with a blade in my hand.

Should I or should I not ?

It hurts so much knowing that my grandma is no longer with us. Her nagging that I used to hate, I'm starting to miss it now.

I stare at my naked wrist and found my other hand nearing the wrist. Tears were rolling down my cheeks and I can't stop it.

It hurts so much.

As I was about to cut, someone snatched the blade away from me and threw it aside. He hugged me really tightly and I cried in his arms.

" I'm here, everything is fine. " He said gently.

" Chanyeol, it hurts so much. Can you buy me medication, please ? It's so painful, I can't stand it anymore ! " I cried even harder.

The pain overwhelmed me and I find myself turning to blades to hide the emotional pain I felt.

" Baekhyun told me what happened, you should have told me and I could have helped you. " He said as he stroked my hair gently.

I walked back to the funeral wake with Chanyeol. He bowed and made offerings to my grandma as I stood beside him with dried tears on my face.

That night when everyone left, I was forced to take a nap and I did. I didn't dare to leave my grandma's funeral, I want to stay by her side.

" Dahee-ah ! " I opened my eyes and I saw my grandma smiling at me. I ran up and hugged her as I cried in her arms.

" Grandma ! How can you leave just like that ? Do you know how upset I felt when I realised you left me all alone here ? " I cried.

She patted my back, " You're not alone. You have your brothers, Baekhyun, Sehun and the guy that came to make offerings to me today. "

" Dahee-ah, take my advice and go back to art school. Believe in grandma. " I nodded and she released from the hug.

" I have to go now. Just know that grandma will always be there for you even if you can't see me. I'll always be there with you regardless of what happen. " She said as she waved to me with a smile.

I woke up and I turned to look at grandma's picture. I smiled slightly, she's in a better place now and she's happier there.

I looked at the clock and it's 9am in the morning.

I took the subway and ran to school in whatever outfit I was in and it was a funeral gown. I didn't care what people think of me, I just wanted to accomplish grandma's wish.

" I'm here to enrol myself into the school. " The lady looked at me.

" I'm sorry but all the vacancies are filled up and we can't fit you into the school. I'm sorry. " She said and my heart sank.

I sat outside the office and looked at the picture my grandma took with my brothers and I.

" Dahee ? " I looked up and saw the teacher that introduced Chanyeol to me. She smiled and sat beside me.

" I heard you withdraw yourself from the school ? " I nodded and she sighed.

" Your entry won the competition and I was hoping to send you for more competitions but I heard you withdraw yourself. " She sighed.

" I was about to enrol myself in again but I- "

" Really ? wait here, i'll speak to the principal about it. You help with the school's reputation, the principal would agree. " She said with a smile and came out a few minutes later.

" The principal wants you back ! "

1st Dec 2017

Last month of the school holidays :(