Chapter Three--Kyra

Bonjour mes amis!

The photo to the right is Jackie, just to let you all know.

I want to thank you for reading and for the support some of you are showing me. It means a lot.

Cheers,

--Ash

========================================================== 

Chapter Three—Kyra

I am in the process of writing down some more of the story about the twins’ when Jackie knocks on the door. The sound echoes around the small warehouse and Jack winces.

            “Sorry,” she whispers.

            “Don’t sweat it,” I wave her concerns away.

            “Mind if I...?” she gestures to the box beside mine.

            “Oh! Yea, sure! No problem.”

            She smiles softly and perches herself next to me. Jacquelyn plays with the ends of her hair, staring at them as if they are the most fascinating thing she’s ever seen.

            “Jackie? Is there something you wanted to talk about?” I ask.

            “Yea, actually. I was just wondering...”

            “Yes?”

            “Well, from what I’ve heard, you and I are the same, right? ‘Cause I know Izzie’s not and Danny’s not, and the twins for sure are not, and I know for a fact that Bailey’s not. So that just leaves you, me, and Graham, but the thing is I don’t know about Graham so maybe he’s not. And if he isn’t, then what do I do?” she babbles.

            “Wait, hold up. I am what?”

            She glances around as if this is the most important secret. “A virgin.”

            I throw my hands up in the air, accidentally tossing my pencil across the room. “Does everyone know about my love life?”

            Jackie looks hurt.

            “I’m sorry Jack, it’s just frustrating when you live with the same people all the time and they know everything about you and feel the need to talk about it and—wait, hold up.” I pause and replay what she said in my head. “Why are you asking me about virginity and what not?”

            She blushes sweetly. “I just wanted to see if you were too. It seems like no one else is so I just wanted, I dunno really. But I’m glad I’m not alone, you know? And you’re not self conscious or anything about it so why should I be, right?”

            “Right,” I agree.

            “Thanks, Boss,” she says.

            “Anytime.” Wow, this girl even pep talks herself but gives you the credit for it.

            “I still want to know though,” she murmurs so I almost don’t hear it.

            “Still want to know what?”

            She plays with her hair again, “If he’s one too. Like us.”

            I grin. “Oh, I have a way we could find out.”