E P I S O D E - 17

"Episode 17 - Art of slicing humans."

Elena was mad at me.

I hadn't had a chance to speak to her properly even though I was usually at the house. I texted her every now and then but I had to find more evidence that didn't incriminate Capone. I liked my job and I liked Elena. I wasn't going to lose that so quickly.

It's been nearly three days since I met with Nathan Ross. I hadn't contacted him but I felt like I had enough information. Capone had been keeping his head down after the obvious attack on his life. He's been conducting business from home. I'd been recording anything and everything incriminating him to any crimes as an insurance policy for my life.

However, every night I found myself knocking on Elena's door. She'd curse at me or ignore me but knowing she was alive and still feisty, soothed my soul. But I had enough. I needed my hit again. Using my short nails, I scratched my messy hair. I was going crazy but I needed to know more about her.

I used an independent highly secured black laptop to uncover all the details and upload all my files. My bed seemed empty without her body, the sheets had been changed so the jasmine and tuberose flower smell was long gone. With a huff, I slammed down against the pillows, my body aching from the lack of sleep and activity.

"Fuck it." I swore out loud.

I saved everything I could and deleted everything from my laptop, making sure everything was deleted from the backup hard-drive. Detaching the USB from its port, I went to my ensuite and stashed the small plastic cover behind one of the shelves in a small hole I covered with a patch of dark green tile, matching it to the background. Putting on a pair of pants and a black t-shirt, I picked up my phone and made my way over to Elena's room.

I'm coming.

I didn't get any reply. She was poking the bear, depriving the beast from its cure. I checked the CCTV cameras and found her in her kitchen in silky pyjama shorts and a thin spaghetti strap top. It seemed like she hated wearing bras because every time I brought up CCTV images of her from the past few days, I could always see her pebbled nipples.

I cracked the tightness from my neck, the dark hallway echoed the sound back at me. Steam came off the pots and pans that was on the electric stove. She licked her thumb and carried out chopping red peppers. Her eyes were on me the second I came into her view. She narrowed her eyes and went back to chopping.

"Don't you have people who'd do that for you?" I knew they had their own personal cooks. Even I ordered in for my dinner.

"I like cooking." She twisting up her knife, its tip pointed at the ceiling.

"Ahh!" I smirked. "Practising the art of slicing so you can knife someone to death?"

Her head was down, soft hair framed her heart shaped face that stretched into a lovely smile that she was trying to hide. I stretched, twisted my back from side to side until it popped. She was across from me, the counter keeping us apart.

"How's your arm?" The deep red slice stood out against my skin.

"Not bleeding anymore." I sat down on the revolving plush stool.

"Do you know the most annoying thing in the world?" She questioned, carrying on with her cooking.

"A lot of things?" I started eating the raw carrots she left next to the peppers.

"When you're in mid sneeze and then it goes away. It's the worst feeling in the world." I watched her with amusement. She sniffled and cleared her throat. Concern hit me like a ton of bricks.