E P I S O D E - 39

"Episode 39 -  Don't push it."    

She stared at me open mouthed, shocked beyond her wildest imagination. Pulling back, she stood up, fighting my tight grip on her hips. She looked terrified like she'd seen a ghost. Her natural tanned complexion paled within seconds.

"You can never utter those words again." She backed away, nearly tipping over when her calf backed into the edge of the coffee table. Jumping up into action, I reached for her arms, steadying her.

"I've known for a while." I understood her fear. "That's not the point, it's time for you to leave."

"No." She shook her head, acting jittery. "You can't do that." I, on the other hand, was more confused than ever.

"Do you not want to leave?" She turned, trying to head for the door when I blocked her effortlessly. "This is not your home Elena. You had a home. A mother and a father who took care of you until these people kidnapped you." She looked like I had slapped her.

"I'm trying to protect you." She looked anywhere but me. Her body language scared me. She had always been someone who kept it together, no matter what. Even after shoving a knife into someone's heart in front of other people and walk out like nothing happened. "You don't know them."

"Who?"

"Capone and his..." When she finally looked up, her defeated expression broke me. "...Brother, they are so cruel." Her lower lips quivered, tears shone in her beautiful upturned eyes. She tried to side step away but I blocked her again.

"Your dead father's name was Alberto Catalan."

"No." She kept trying to find a way to get away from me.

"Your mother was a beautiful woman who was called Sofia."

"Please stop." She cried.

"They threw you a huge 9th birthday party with all your uncles and aunts and cousins. Your name is Lucia Catalan."

"No."

"Capone and his men killed them all. Don't you want revenge?" I tried to reach the fire that simmer under her skin, the psychotic angry side of her. If I could light that up, she'd hopefully override the scared emotion. I knew she was strong enough to do that.

"You don't know what he did to me." She stilled for a minute, looking off into the distance like I wasn't even there.

"Capone?" I asked, my heart hammered.

She gulped, shaking her head. The vacancy in her eyes scared me. "The other one." I could tell she was sucked back in time. PTSD.

"Jude." She flinched like someone just raised a hand at her. She nodded.

"He's the one who raped you." It was a statement, not a question. She stepped back, defeated. "I knew someone had hurt you but now that I know it's him I have to tell you that he's coming back."

"WHAT?" She was not just shocked but terrified. "No." She walked back until she found the bed under her hands. "Please no." I explained to her what Capone told me before I received the radio from Jamie.

"You have to get away. He can't know what you mean to me Gabriel." I stared down at her like she was crazy.

"You'd have to kill me to get rid of me." I kneeled in front of her, taking her face into my hands.

"That's what he did, the last time." Tears streamed down her face but she didn't sob. "Dex trained him." She spat instead. It looked like she was in pain, when she had to say his name. "He's a psycho. I was just nine when he started to hurt me and no one did anything until Dex sent him away when I was only 13 for a muder." She finally broke down, sobbing uncontrollably. "I can't." She shook her head from side to side. "No."