E P I S O D E - 54

"Episode 54 - Scared out of my mind."  

"WHAT!?" I almost shouted. She contained her tears before carrying on.

"When they took me. They brought me to Jude first. He..." She twisted her face and my stomach dropped. "He tried touch me and I kicked him in the balls. I didn't know if you were coming. I just... I just wanted everything to be over you know. I've suffered long enough. I just wanted it to stop." By then her eyes had turned cold, the sharp tone in her voice could cut glass.

"Elena..." I exhaled, brushing her hair down.

"I just screamed at him while his goons held me back. Shouted at him about why he kept me alive when he killed my family. Called him all the disgusting name under the sun and vividly explained how I killed Dex.

"He got so pissed that he finally cracked. He told me why. He told me while he's been out of the country, he's been looking for my father everywhere in South America. When they came to the house they killed everyone in there but my father wasn't there including some of his closest confidants and some of my cousins. It was Jude's idea to take me, threaten my dad with me but he never came for me." There was a hitch in her voice.

"That's probably because it was in the news that everyone was dead. There weren't any reports of anyone surviving. He probably doesn't even know." I tried to soothe her, stroking her grief stricken pretty face. "What happened then?" I was finally able to ask the question I had been meaning to.

"He just got pissed and started sprouting off obstinance about if it was for his mother trying to protect me, he would have taken me with him to South America to look for my father. That's why he once he got back, they killed her and took me." She sounded so sad but the tears had stopped.

"Apparently, Catalans and capones were arch enemies. Capones dad killed my grandfather because apparently he was venturing his drugs into Chicago. Catalan's always ruled the Miami underworld and a couple of other states including the Southern borders.

"In retaliation, my father and uncles killed Capones dad and Capone came after us but my dad's still alive but in such deep hiding that they don't know where he is. They kept me alive to lure him out but they don't even have people that knows where he is. Alberto Catalan is like a ghost apparently." She sat back, rested her head against the backrest.

"It makes sense though, they can't really go on T.V. and say "look I have your daughter" can they?" A cynical laugh escaped her mouth. "Because of my fucking father, he's been able to abuse me. AHHH!" She screamed, kicked the back of the passenger seat of the cab.

Suddenly, my eyes went to man who was keenly listening to the conversation. FUCK. He adverting his light grey eyes quickly from the rear-view mirror, trying to pretend he hadn't heard a single thing. Adverting my attention back to Elena, I watched as she stared up, eyes so vacant that it made me wonder if there was anything behind them. If her soul was still in there.

Instead of words, I just softly pecked her cheek, wrapped my hand around making sure not to crush her ribs.

"I don't understand why they need to kill my biological father if he's in hiding." She confessed. It didn't surprise me that I knew the answer to the question.

"From what I've read so far, even though the Catalan family was ruthless, they loved their family and Alberto would never let the Capones rest for killing his wife and daughter. He doesn't know you're dead but that's what he believes." I stroked her wet cheeks. I just couldn't stop touching her, reassuring myself that she was still alive and here right in front of me.

"How can you be so sure?" The car turned and I saw the car dealership sign up ahead.

"Because that's what I'd do." My palm cupped her tilted chin, thumb brushed over her bottom lip. The deep red cut that was started to puff up enraged me. Her hand came up to rest on mine before she told me I had already killed the man who did this to her.

"It was the one right above the stairs, with a bullet wound on his forehead."

He was a fucking big bastard. Compared to her small frame, he was a giant. The size of his hand was bigger than her whole head. I wanted to go back and torture him. FUCK.

"Where was Jude?" I wondered out loud.

"Down stairs. Their layer was the second floor, they hid me above them so no one could get up." She explained. "When he told them to take me upstairs, I heard him talking to Yashiko."

The cab pulled up, stealing my focus from her. Opening her bag, I pulled a couple of hundred dollars bills out and passed it to him when we got out of the car. As I was about to walk away, I turned back, stuck my head inside the window and pointed my gun at him. His white eyes widened in fear, heard blonde beard and bushy hair hid his face well.

"Did you hear the three bombs going off and the gun fire, that was me killing through an army of mafias, trust me, if you do something to jeopardise my girlfriend's life, I will find you and kill you." He nodded immediately, the tires screeched as he hurried along. Suddenly, a line of cop cars with sirens zoomed past us towards where we came from. We needed to keep moving the other way.

She sagged against one of the post, her rib hurting. I knew what it felt like to have the wind knocked out of you but it seemed like she had a broken rib maybe. As the adrenaline kept rushing out, the pain was finally settling in. I needed to take her to a motel, asses her wounds.

"Babe, you stay out here, keep an eye, I'll be right back okay." She yawned, nodding ad the same time. "Hey look at me." Taking her face into my palms I steadied her. "We are still not safe yet. We have to get away until I can call Ross to meet us with the IDs. I probably have to buy the car from here with extra cash but it wouldn't matter, he wouldn't even put us on record." I explained to her.

She looked so frail under the oversized black leather jacket and a huge bag hanging off her shoulder. I took it off and put it down on the ground. Taking a couple of bundles out, I left my armours next to her. "You've been so strong Elena, I am so fucking proud of you." I couldn't help but kiss her forehead before I went inside to make the deal.

Within a couple of minutes and triple of the amount of the actual car, we ended up with a black second hand Ford Focus and a brand-new map. Within five minutes we had our belongings in the back seats and we were pulling out of the driveway as more police passed the dealership. Checking the road, I turned towards where the police was coming from and handing the map to Elena.

She was a perfect partner in crime and I couldn't have asked for a better half. I didn't even know someone like her could exist, someone so perfect for me. Someone who was created for me. She instructed me along the path towards the highway that headed straight for Pennsylvania. We'd find a motel there and crash there, wait for Ross.

Suddenly, Elena started to grimace then moaning and twisting about the pain in her abdomen.

"Elena, hold on baby, I'll find us a pharmacy somewhere and get you some pain meds okay." Using one hand to drive, I used to the other to rub her arm and back, trying to soothe her pain. Maybe even wished to absorb some of her pain because she didn't deserve it. None of it.

She could hardly breathe now and suddenly she started coughing. Trying my best to keep calm, I slowly rolled in behind a car, grateful for the traffic. When she removed her hands from her mouth, blood dripped from her palm. My stomach pummelled, heart hammered in my throat. The gun shot rung through my head. SHIT.

Frantically unzipping my jacket, I touched her side to have her scream out in pain. When I lifted my hand, I was fucking covered with blood. "Elena." My scared voice was barely a whisper. I quickly ripped the thin dress from the middle making sure not to hurt her.

What I found, punched me in the throat. There was fucking whole in her in her stomach. A miniscule red circle replaced a small pact of skin right under her ribcage. People behind me started beeping when the red light turned green but I didn't give a fuck

"YOU'VE BE SHOT, ELENA. FUCK, YOU'VE BEEN SHOT." I screamed. 

----------

Hey guys, thank you for reading this. Please Vote if you enjoyed the chapter. I will be posting next week. Take care and happy readings x