E P I S O D E - 36

"Episode 36 -  Hungry street kid."      

Flasback

"I'm sorry." I tried to duck and pressed myself against the wall when his fists kept battering into me. "I promise I won't do it again."

"You think you're grown now." My ribs shattered -or that's what it felt like- when his boot connected with chest. "Acting like a man." His fist knocked my head into the concrete back wall.

I wanted to die. I wanted it to stop. My wobbly knees dropped me down to the floor, refusing to get up. Tears streamed down my face and I missed my momma and dad. They should t have taken me with them. I wanted to be with them again. Please lord, take me to them.

Blood pultruded out from my busted lips, forehead, knees and arms. Covering my face with my arm I curled up in a ball on the floor against the dumpster.

"Please, I'm so sorry." I knew no matter what I said, he was going to kill me. He used my back as a soccer ball when the back door bust open and the kid came out. He froze with fear and so did Andrew. He swore taking a step back, then b-lined straight to his car.

I sobbed, aching all over.

"DAD. Oh my god DAD." The kid dropped the black bin bag when he ran towards me. I cowered away instinctively.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He put his palms up like he was approaching a wounded animal.

"WHAT. DAVID WH-"

He was frightened for his kid and I missed my own father then. A man who protected me no matter when or what. My arm arched and my body shook when I tried to stand up. My knee make popping noise making George swear. I learned his name when Andrew spoke to him, heard every single word of their conversation.

"Kid, are you alright?" His voice was so soft that I almost didn't hear him. I nodded my head and immediately screamed out in pain. I could practically feel my brain slosh around in my skull. The ringing in my ear finally started to decrease.

"Come inside, you can sit." I shook my head. Scared out of my mind. What if this was a trick?

"No..." I stuttered. "I'll go." Wrapped a hand around my torso, I limped down the concrete road. I just needed to get to a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen. Maybe they could me with the pain.

"Son." He put his hand on my back making me squeal out in pain. White hot heat burnt through my skin. "SHIT. I didn't know. I'm so sorry. Come, you can eat whatever you want. I promise I won't call." I thought I hear his voice hitch but with the ringing in my ear, I couldn't be certain.

"Yeah, I'll call the police if he comes back. Come in side, we can take a look at your wounds." I kept limping away, my breath came out ragged and uneven. My chest was burning, constricting the cavity making it harder for me to breathe. I panted like a dog while they followed behind me.

"Come on son, let just sit here while we wait for the ambulance."

"No, I just want to get away." Blood spat out of my mouth with every word. He cursed but didn't stop following me. I was like a damn turtle. "I was just so hungry." Tears started to pour out of my eyes again. "So hungry." I sobbed. "I just want my mom and dad back." I heaved feeling something poke into my lungs. "I'm sorry."

"I'M sorry son, I didn't know. Here, have this while we wait." He took the same roll out of his pocket. I remembered him putting it in their when he took me to the back of the shop to wait for Andrew. I stared at it like it was tainted, cursed even. My head was spinning, nausea bubbled up from deep in my stomach. I was going to be sick