E P I S O D E - 58

"Episode 58 - Familiar friend."

"It must be the guy I've been waiting for." Turning on the monitor, I watched the live feed that was not being recorded. "Yes, it's him." I pointed to Nathan Ross on the small square at the top corner of the monitor.

"Oh!" I stood, using the table as my support.

"I'll reheat the noodles, make myself some too." She left quickly making me wonder they the hell she was still here, helping me out when I threatened to kill her. I wobbled towards the steel door. Opening it, I found Ross staring at me with a mixture of surprise and concern.

"Man, you look like death." Entering, he quickly closed the door behind him.

"This way." He followed me through the reception area, into the staff room to find Linda there.

"FUCK Gabriel." He cursed.

"I've been telling her to go home, she wouldn't." I sat down on the couch adjacent to the kitchen isle.

"She's my patient. I can't just abandon her." She clanged around some coffee mugs as the kettle whistled.

"Gabriel! What did you do?" I put my head in my hands, wanting everything to just stop for a minute. Exhausted, I lay down on the small couch, my legs hanging off. My mind went to Elena and her sleeping figure. I should go to her but my body felt so heavy that I couldn't move. I couldn't even tell if I was awake of sleeping. I realised that I hit my head when we rammed into that damn car. It seemed like I had a minor concussion otherwise, I could stay awake for longer than 36 hours without slowing down.

Hushed whispers floated around behind me when suddenly, I felt a feminine hand shaking me awake. The smell off coffee and food hit me. Jumping up, my brain sloshed around in my skull. Whimpering, I sat up.

"You have a concussion." She said. "You need to drink this and eat. I'll get you some pain meds but you need to be awake." Handing me a hot steaming mug of coffee, she went left again.

"How are you holding up?" Ross asked, sitting down next to me.

"I feel like death." I sighed.

"How's Elena."

"She's in the O.R. You can finally meet the heir to the family you've been obsessing over." I laid my head back against the wall. Sipping on my bitter coffee, I waited for whatever medication Linda was giving me before I chomped down some food. There was a long pause from him before he started talking again.

"You made a big mess man. FBI, NYPD and Homeland Security, everyone wants a piece of the action. Some are saying terror attacks, new type of gang war coming in to play. Did you have to use grenades?" He sipped on his own coffee.

"They had her." I carried on gulping down the hot liquid.

"I know."

"They kept her because her dad, Alberto Catalan, is still alive." I revealed.

"WHAT?" His outburst sloshed the liquid out of his mug and onto his pants. "Damn it." Standing, he found some napkins to dry himself off.

"When Jude disappeared after his last murder in USA, he went around majority of the countries in South America trying to look for him but still couldn't find Alberto Catalan. When Jude kidnapped her, he told her why he kept her alive for so long." Looking up, I found Linda staring at me with wide eyes. Gulping, she handed me some pills that I washed it down with the coffee before digging into the bowl of noodles.

"Thank you." I usually didn't care about expressing my gratitude but it needed to be said.

"How do you know that it's true?" He came around the white island, pulled a chair from the other side of the room for Linda. The room was just as bland as the noodles. Just some steel filing cabinets in the corner, a fridge next to the counters against the wall on the other side. A washing machine and a dryer right opposite us.