14: ❝babe, you can BAKE.❞

❝babe, you can BAKE.❞

loreleiparker

❁  ❁  ❁

april 19th, 4:29 p.m.

[✆ receiving incoming call from ✆] spanish spider-man :)

diing. diing. diing.
✆ call accepted ✆ at 4:30 p.m.

"don't yell—"

"PEACHES!"

"oh, gosh. i totally regret this."

"YOU. BOUGHT. ME. A. CUPCAKE!?"

"correction: i baked you a cupcake."

"am i dreaming?"

"no, park. this is completely real."

"you're telling me that you baked me a peach cupcake, wrote 'feel better spider-man' with a winky face in messy handwriting on a piece of paper, put tissue paper in the box, packaged it with a cute bow, drove all the way to my house, put it on my front doorstep all the while calling me, and leaving it for me to eat?"

"that pretty much sums it up, yeah. i hope it makes you feel better, my spanish superhero."

"i think i'm going to faint..."

"don't faint! oh, man, i knew i shouldn't have done this."

"this is the best thing anyone has ever gotten me."

"it's just a cupcake, parker."

"no, it's even better. it's a cupcake from you. made by you."

"please don't faint on me. you're beginning to sound like you're in a daze, or something. are you okay?"

"i'm more than okay."

"was the cupcake good? i mean, i tried making it more peachy how you like it, and i don't know if it's too sweet, but i figured you might've liked whipped frosting instead of cream—"

"lorelei? stop."

"what? your voice sounds muffled. oh, my gosh, you're eating the cupcake, aren't you?"

"yes, and it's the best goddamn cupcake i've ever eaten in my entire life."

"...you're joking, right?"

"babe, you can BAKE. oh, my god."

"it's not bad? is it okay?"

"i'm obsessed. this is so friggin' good, i would pay with my soul just to eat another one."

"yeah, i think this is the drugs talking."

"it's not! this is... absolutely amazing."

"...!!!"

"where did you learn to bake like this? my mamá would freak if she met you—when she meets you."

"well, i vaguely remember telling you my daddy was a baker..."

"does he own the Muffin Man store?"

"he used to."

"oh. why the past tense?"

"because he's part of the past. anyhow, spider-man, how are you feeling?"

"the best i've felt in a long time. thank you so much, peaches, for everything. the delicious cupcake, the tissues, your phone calls... everything."

"it's nothing, park. consider it a treat for being my friend."

"friend... right, yeah, it's my pleasure, mi melocotón."

"... i'm smiling really hard right now."

"i'm smiling with you, too."