11.

The rain began to fall later that day. The air was chilling and the raindrops cascaded across the windows. Scott and Avi laid in bed all bundled up together for warmth while Mitch and Alex were out. They laid there in absolute silence with the only the sound of the rain filling the air. Just taking in each other's presence. It wasn't awkward. It wasn't weird. It was comforting. Neither of them imagined this happening.

Avi was scared of talking to Scott after their argument before graduation. They'd had arguments but never like that. Never to the extent that they'd stop talking for weeks. He was scared to reconnect because he didn't know if Scott wanted to. No matter how much he craved Scott's attention and affection, his fear was much more stronger.

Scott was mad after their argument. Mad at himself. He was angry that he let his insecurities get in the way of their relationship. It was true. He was scared of losing Avi to Aiden. They clearly had more in common than Scott and Avi did, and that scared him. The fact that Avi knew that Scott was insecure about their relationship, scared him even more. And Avi had changed during their relationship. Scott didn't know how this 'new Avi' would act knowing about his insecurity. He didn't know if he'd humiliate him and he couldn't risk that, so he flipped out and made a huge mistake. A mistake that landed Avi in hospital. His insecurities could've killed Avi and he couldn't help but beat himself up about it. But here they were, in the presence of each other. Avi's head resting on Scott's chest, cradled under Scott's arm.

"We need to come to an ultimatum, Scott," Avi broke the silence, speaking with a clear seriousness in his voice. Scott looked at him with confusion on his face. "We need to talk about us. What are we doing? Where are we going with this?" Scott just laid there, dumbfounded by what Avi just said to him. He knew he was right regardless. For their relationship to go anywhere they'd need to talk it out. "Why did you avoid me, Scott?"

Scott sighed deeply, making Avi curious. Scott didn't want to reveal his insecurities to Avi. He was too embarrassed. But he knew he needed to. So he did. "I was scared," He answered. "I was scared and didn't know how to act. You were doing things - saying things I never thought I'd hear you say and you scared me because in that moment, you reminded me of someone who ruined my life," Avi was listening attentively and feeling absolutely guilty. He never meant to scare Scott, he didn't even know that much about his past relationships either. "You may not believe this but, you're my first boyfriend. I've had flings with guys in the past but you're the only guy I've been in love with. But that doesn't mean you're my first relationship. My ex broke my heart. She said the things you said to me when I was just trying to be a good boyfriend and then she humiliated me in front of her friends. I couldn't risk that again. So I flipped out on you and I regret it but I'm not sorry for it because you still hurt me,"

"I had no idea, Scott. I-I'm so sorry. If I'd known I woul-" Avi tried to apologise but Scott silenced him.

"It's ok, I don't usually tell people that anyway. What's done is done and we can't change it. But we can use it to move forward...if you do want to move forward," Avi took a moment to think, raising the anxiety in Scott. "D-Do you want move forward?" Scott questioned in stutter. He began to panic internally. He didn't want to lose Avi. He didn't expect Avi to ponder the question. "Do you?"

"Yeah, but I've got to know something," He answered still in thought. He looked at Scott and the back down. "What did Aiden say that made you flip out?" He questioned with the uttermost curiosity. "I think if we move forward, we need to know everything,"

"He said gross things about you and about what he'd do to you that night he almost had you," Scott began. He sat up in his bed, making Avi readjust his position on the bed. "He said that he would've fucked you like a toy while you were unconscious. And you'd be his if it weren't for me," Scott began to get choked up, as if he were going to cry. "He kept saying I didn't deserve you and how I was losing you," Tears began to brim in Scott's eyes. He turned to Avi and gazed deep into Avi's eyes with a sad look on his face. "I'm not losing you, am I?"

Avi grabbed a hold of Scott and embraced him tightly, "You're not losing me at all," He reassured as they pulled away. "I love YOU. Not him and not anyone else. I love you and only you. You could never lose me because I always find my way back to you," Avi confidently started while looking into Scott's eyes. He meant every word he said and Scott knew it. This was one of the most serious things Scott had heard him say. Scott smiles widely and hugged him tight. "Either way, you're stuck with me now,"  Avi joked making Scott laugh.

"So does this mean our break is over?" Scott pondered curious. Avi grabbed Scott's jaw and brought him in for a kiss. Their kiss was extremely gentle as their lips intertwined with each other's. Their lips felt so soft to each other. Everything felt new to them. They weren't the same people they were when they were dating. They were lovers. They were soulmates. Soulmates whose tongues explored each other's mouth in harmony and synchrony. The kiss had rekindled their love for each other. They pulled away, shocked at that kiss. "I guess that means yes," Scott giggled making Avi smile.

hiii!!!

i'm back after centuries. things have been extremely hectic which is why i haven't updated anything. if you want to know what's been going on, go look at the posts on my page.

if i find the time,  i'll update this story again but just remember, i don't have a update schedule so you get these when they're done.

love y'all