5- Coffee 'n Chicago

I really appreciate how much you all love the story. I love writing it! If you have any ideas/requests please comment! Don't forget to vote.

Night before the coffee

Sarah was about to leave work for the night and get rest at home before Dr. Rhodes stopped her. "Reese!" Connor ran to catch up with her. Sarah stopped and turned to face him. "Do you wanna get coffee with me.. in the morning?" Sarah smiled and nodded at Connor. She started to get all jittery inside. "I'd love that Dr. Rhodes." "It's Connor. Especially when we get coffee tomorrow.." Sarah snickered, "Alright, Connor, I'll meet you at the coffee shop on fourth St."

They both left the hospital thinking of each other and ready for the following morning.

The next morning

Sarah woke up at 7:30 after the alarm went off. The night before, Sarah had problems going to sleep because of the excitement. As she got dressed, she thought about if she should dress causal or not. She didn't want to look like she tried to hard.

After she was done getting ready, she got in her car and started to drive to the Coffee shop that they had decided on going to. Sarah turned the music on as she got in the rhythm of driving. Connor was also done getting ready and pulling up to the coffee shop.

They both got to the coffee shop and walked in together. Connor ordered coffee for both of them. They sat at a table and took a drink of coffee before smiling at each other. As Sarah started to think, she realized tomorrow was match day. Today was the day before match day... That's just a little stressful.

Connor watched as Sarah's face started to slowly change expression. "I'm losing you Sarah. Snap back to earth please," Connor said smirking and taking another drink of coffee. "Uhh, sorry. I just realized tomorrow is match day..." Sarah said, sweeping a piece of hair behind her ear with her hand. Connor shook his head, "You have nothing to worry about. You're a great, great doctor. I'm sure you'll get what you want." Sarah nodded as she listened to him, "I know.. I'm just worried. I want to be in the ED. For some odd reason I feel like that's where I need to be but then I think, I can barely even handle patients.."

(Btw, instead of Sarah wanting to go into Pathology, in this story she's going for the ED)

Connor nodded, "We were all like that. You get used to it." Reese smiled as she listened but soon rolled her eyes, "That's what everyone keeps telling me.." Connor laughed, "I'm sorry. It's actually true!"

Both of them ended up finishing their coffees at almost the same time. Connor gets up and puts on his Jacket. Sarah gets up and does the same thing. "You wanna walk around town with me?" Connor asked. Sarah nodded and walked out the door, "That's sounds great." Connor followed her towards the door. "Good because I wasn't going to go without you." Sarah laughed a little as she walked out they door.

They walked around town for about an hour and a half. Halfway through the walk, Sarah turned to walk down a street. Connor quickly grabbed her waist and pulled her back to the side walk. He held her there and didn't let go. "That part isn't safe." Sarah nodded as she was trapped in his eyes. "Thank you, I guess. I didn't know that..." Their faces were getting closer together and everything start to feel like it was in slow motion. A bike came down the sidewalk. It was going about as fast as it could. "Watch out!!!" the biker yelled, trying to stop his bike but failing. Sarah and Connor both ran out towards the side to avoid getting hit by the biker.

They circle back to the coffee shop. Connor walked Sarah back to her car. "So, I will see you at the hospital tomorrow?" Reese nodded, "Looking forward to it." Sarah drove behind Connor for just a little bit until she had to turn to head home.