24- W. O. R. K.

The entire trip went great but in the end they we're happy the exploring part was over. Being slightly jet-lagged was a major inconvenience for both of them. Obviously, They got home and jumped straight to bed for a nap. It was a long nap. Both of them were so glad that they got back to Chicago on a Saturday morning. 

It felt like they slept all weekend and never got to far from a cushy surface or sweats pants. Although, Connor was not going to object to a cozy weekend full of cuddling and Netflix. 

Eventual, Monday came around and they both had to push each other out of bed and out the door. Treating patients and helping people was great but was it really necessary to get up at six in the freaking morning?? It was a good thing that Sarah thought Connor was cute when he was being a little grumpy butt.

Sarah got in the drivers seat and started to drive. She turned on the radio and Connor groaned a little from the passenger seat, "Oh so you want me to fall asleep over here??" He shrugged and laid his head back on the head rest, "I just like the quiet sounds of a peaceful morning car commute." 

She looked back at the road, "Well its going to be a life-time of non-peace full commutes if im driving buddy. Cause your stuck with me." She held up the engagement ring on her finger. He looked over and looked at the ring on her finger, "Couldn't be happier," His lips pulled into a smile that felt like it took up his whole face.

They parked and walking inside to the break room. Sarah got to her locker and took her ring off. She put it in the little box. Normal, She would wear jewelry at work, but not rings. When she wears rings the rubber gloves rip and that's never good. It takes to much time to take the ring off and put it away and them put another glove on to finally treat the patient. It's just easier to put it away in the first place.

She walked out after shutting her locker. This entire time she kept forgetting to tell the maintenance man that the lock on her locker was broken but she thought the ring would be okay in her unsecured locker for a day.

The entire day, she never got to check up on the ring in her locker or even get a drink of water. There was a train accident today and the patients were none stop. Connor was up in the OR with a few of the majorly injured victors and Sarah was down in the ED treating anyone and everyone.  

Finally at the end of her shift she took off her light jacket and hung it up in her locker. Her feet hurt so bad from running around. All she wanted to go home and lay down in her warm comfortable bed with Connor. 

She opened her locker to get her ring out of the box. She started to look in her locker for it but couldn't find it. She started to look anywhere in the room frantically hoping she just accidentally knocked it on the floor.

Connor walked in and notice the state of panic that she was in. He walked over to her and grabbed her shoulders. She heard someone walked in a but didn't know it was Connor until he walked over and grabbed her shoulders, "Hey, whats going on??" 

"I.. I lost.. I can't find my rings. I put it in my locker this morning thinking it would be okay and it wasn't.. I should have known that my locker lock thingy doesn't work and not to put something so important in-" 

Connor walked over to his locker, unlocked it and help up a box, "Sarah, Calm down... I got it. I didn't trust you locker.. And I'm glad I put it in here. There were so many people in and out of the ED today no one would have noticed.." 

Sarah walked over and took the box before hugging him, "You could have told me.." He smiled and hugged her, yawning slightly, "Lets go home.."