8- Christmas Tree

Although it felt like an forever, eventually the shift was over and it was time to head home. A slow day is never a good thing in the ED. Sarah walked through the doors of the ED, basically sighing in relief. Sarah was finally getting out of there. She got in her car and drove to Connor's place. After all, there was Christmas decorations to be put up!

Sarah made her way from her car to Connor's front door. She knocked a few times and he opened it almost immediately. "Sarah, I knew it was you.. you don't have to knock. Just come in," he walked away from the door to where a fake Christmas tree in a box sat on the floor. "Is that where we are in our relationship now then???" He turned around and looking shocked, "I can't believe you just called it a relationship." Sarah started to blush a little, "Should I not hav-" "No, I just thought of all people Sarah Reese would never jump into anything like that." Sarah walked over to him and stood close in front of him, "I'll jump in with you.. Now let's put this dang tree up," she said smiling.

They started to get the tree together. It was a tree with the lights already on it. "Ready for ornaments??" Connor asked. Sarah nodded grabbing a few ornaments and strategic-ly placed them in the perfect places for them. "You are really good at this," Connor told her, putting ornaments on he tree. "I did this all by myself as a kid. My mom was never home." Connor patted her on the shoulder, "I know that feeling. My mom passed when I was a kid. I'm sure you know the story." Sarah nodded even though she didn't know the story. She figured it was a dark or sad story and it shouldn't be told in front of a half set up Christmas tree.

They stood back and looked at the tree after they were completely done with the decorations. Connor stuck up his hand for a high-five and Sarah hit his hand. "That was fun. We should call that our first date," Connor looked at her smiling. "Yes. We definitely can call that our first date. Do you want to watch a movie? I don't really want to go home." He nodded and pointed to a basket full of movies, "Pick one." Sarah walked over to the basket. She looked through it before deciding on a movie and grabbing it. "This one." She put it in the DVD player and sat on the couch beside Connor. She moved closer to him when the movie started. He soon put his arm around her.

It was halfway through the movie when Connor looked down at Sarah. Her eyes were slowly closing. He smiled as he watched her slowly drift to sleep with her head on his shoulder. He grabbed a blanket and draped it over them both.

Connor sat and finished the movie. He would occasionally look down at Sarah to see if she was still sleeping. Without fail, she was asleep ever time he looked. The movie ended and Connor got up. He carried Sarah back to his room. They slept peacefully through the night.

Sorry, it's a little shorter than normal. Thanks sm for reading!!  Thank you. I didn't expect ANYONE to read it.💞💕💞💕