22- Balloons and Tuxs

A/N- Thank you @ashie-the-fangirl for the BEAUTIFUL cover! :)

Sarah had gotten up after Connor had already left to go to work. She never wanted to get up but most of the time he waited on her. Today was not the case. She drove herself to work by herself. It wasn't all that bad. She got some quiet time to herself before the craziness of the ED would consume her during the shift.

She parked before walking in the hospital. She was about to walked to the break room to start her normal routine but before she could even take five steps towards the door a patient was coming in. So this is how this shift was going to go?? 

As they were where wheeling the cot to the room, she could hear the patient screaming. It sounded like a young kid. Apparently she was having a psychotic break. Quickly, She got up by her face, but not to close, she tried to talked to her to get her calmed down. When that didn't work, she walked out and left the patient with a nurse. Sarah paged Dr. Charles and sighed as she walked to the break room.

The break room was like a warm blanket on a cold rainy day. It was comforting and gave her a break from some of the chaos. Walking in this time felt different. From the time she walked in the front doors, she wounder where everyone was. Needless to say, she found them. 

Balloons filled the room and people filled every chair. Not just people, It was Sarah's favorite people. Everyone's face light up when Sarah walked in. Will looked at her, "How'd it go with that patient?" He laughed as soon as he asked, he obliviously seen how the patient was acting behaviorally. Sarah shook her head, "Very funny...." 

Sarah looked around the room and her eyes quickly fell on Connor. He was in a tux. Was that why he left so early?? Was he working on another panda? Ha ha. "You look snazzy," she told him. Connor smirked and stood up. It felt like everyone knew what was about to happen except Sarah. They all looked at the both of them eagerly awaiting what was about to happen. 

He walked over to her and grabbed her hand. It felt like someone just through a bag of sand at Sarah's throat. She just realized what Connor was doing. He got down on one knee in front of her and cleared his throat, "Sarah Reese. Its been a long journey. But It was with you and that the only thing that matters. I love you. The last year has had it's ups and downs but the best moments were the moments I spent with you." 

In the past, Sarah promised herself she wouldn't cry in this situation but the tears started to slowly and freely flow down her cheeks. Connor paused and collected himself a little before continuing, "I want to spend the rest of my like with you and only you." A patient was being wheeled in past the door. "So, will you marry me?" He opened the box that had the ring in it that Sarah had picked with Nat. 

She gasped and looked up at Manning when she seen it but quickly looked back at Connor, "Of course I'll marry you!" Connor stood up and pick Sarah up in a hug before kissing her. He sat her down and smiled before looking at her. "I love you but lets get back to work. Out of that tux hansom!" She turned and walked out to the patient.

Connor and turned to look at everyone, "That's my girl." Everyone smiled and some congratulated him on their way back out to work.