Complicated

Complicated

“Hey, Stu,” He shouted from the garden of their mansion. With an angry pout, I walked towards the field of red roses. Today was our third day here and the jerk had somehow convinced our parents that we were getting along just well. Yeah, as well as a dog and master could be. He even made me collar…but the collar was really cute…soo…

“What is it?” I whined and he rolled his eyes before he grabbed my wrist and pulled me.

He wasn’t smiling anymore but he doesn’t look mad either but you can never really tell what’s with him. With my three days stay, there’s one thing I have surely learned, Ai’s mood was really weird. Okay, Ai was what he wanted me to call him so I did. I don’t even know what that means but, oh well.

“You’re so slow.” He finally spoke as we stopped in front of a well. It was an old well but it looks like it was still in use. “Here, look,” He said as he tugged me closer to the well. When he helped me leaned a bit on the bricks, I was able to see what he wanted to show me. The well was still with water but you can barely see it because of the beautiful water lilies that were on top of it.

I turned to him when I was down, “They’re so pretty.”

“Yeah. Aren’t they? Dad showed them to me.” He giggled, “You’re my best friend so I thought I’ll show it to you.”

I blinked. “Best friend?”

He blinked as well before nodding, “Yeah. Mom said that you’re closest friend is your best friend. Aren’t we…closest?”

I blinked before thinking. I smile and nodded anyway but now that I think about it, I never really understood what best friends were back then. Oh, well.