Rivalry

Rivalry

And so, after spending the week with Aiden during spring vacation, high school finally came. The flowers were once again in bloom and I feel really really nice but not that good because I, again, was Aiden’s classmate.

“Good morning, Stu.” He greeted as he guided me towards the seat next to him which was…already occupied. Aiden glared at the bag that was sitting on top of the chair and I just knew he was going to throw it, the jerk that he is. But before he could move again, a voice interrupted him.

“Hey, what do you think you’re doing?” We both looked up to find a brunette. She had large green eyes and long brown hair tied up in a side ponytail. She had her hands on her hips and she was glaring at Aiden and his hand which was almost ready to take the bag and throw it. She crossed her arms, “That’s my bag, you know.”

“Right. But Stu sits beside me.” Aiden barked back, “I was gonna throw it someplace, like the trash can.”

“Stu?” She repeated with a curious look. “Is that you?” She turned to me. I bit my lip; it was the first day, dammit.

I nodded and reached out a hand, “Kylie. My name’s Kylie Montez.”

She smiled, “Oh! I’m Lili. Lilian Lee actually but, I like Lili.” Then she stared at Aiden’s hand that was wrapped around my shoulder, “You’re this jerk’s girlfriend?”

I shook my head, “No…uh, best friend, actually.”

She beamed and removed the hand that was on my shoulder before pulling me towards her and pointing her manicured nail at Aiden, “I’ll be stealing your friendship with Kylie, jerk-face!” She declared which resulted in Aiden pulling me towards him and hugging me protectively.

“She’s mine. Stay away, bitch.”

And well, I can only sigh as they barked at each other like rival dogs. Ugh, they clash so much and with me being in the middle, I really don’t think I can survive. I’m a pacifist, dammit!

Yeah, and I’ll be spending my high school with them…right?