Chapter 6

Over the next week, Klaus was around the house more often, and when his siblings were around, they couldn't help but be amused at how domestic Klaus and Helena acted, despite their insistence that they weren't together.

She was alone one night, in the library reading, when a wave of dizziness hit her. Soon after, she began to feel extremely feverish. She reacher out of her chair to get her phone, but lost her balance and fell on the floor. Something was happening and she was afraid for her child. She lay there, on the floor, for a moment. It felt so good to not move because the dizziness almost wasn't there.

She reached over for the phone that had been knocked onto the floor and quickly dialed Klaus' number. He'd find out what the witches were doing to her and stop them. Tears sprang to her eyes when Klaus didn't answer, but she dialed him again, hoping for a different result.

"Come on." She mumbled, holding her abdomen. "Ahh." She gasped as a pain shut through her.

When Klaus didn't answer on her third try, she called his brother, who thankfully picked up.

"Elijah." Her voice wobbled.

He was instantly alert. "What's wrong, Helena?"

"There's something wrong. Please." She pleaded for help as another rush of pain swept through her.

"Helena, hold on." She nodded, knowing he couldn't hear her. "I'm sending Rebekah."

It took a few minutes after the call ended for Helena to pull herself to a sitting position, her back leaning against the chair. She was trying not to think about what was happening. If she could just do magic, this wouldn't be a problem. And she hated herself for it. She was relying on Klaus and she couldn't protect her baby.

Rebekah stormed in, quickly finding Helena. "Helena, what is happening?" She questioned, kneeling next to Rebekah.

Helena shook her head, tears springing to her eyes. "Where's Klaus?" She asked.

"With his old friend, Marcel, of course." Rebekah snorted, not realizing the damage she'd do by telling Helena something so flippantly.

"I think they're doing something to the baby." Helena was surprised when Rebekah grabbed her hand.

"Elijah will be here soon." Rebekah moved some stray hairs that had fallen into Helena's face.

"Rebekah!" Both girls were relieved when they heard Elijah's voice.

"In here!" She said.

Elijah walked in, dragging Sophie Deveraux by her arm. He let go of her and sped over to the girls on the floor.

"What did you do?" Helena glared at Sophie.

"It wasn't me." Sophie denied. "Another elder, Agnes, used me because of our connection. I'm sorry."

"Fix it, then." Rebekah insisted.

"I've asked Davina to unbind them." Elijah informed Helena.

"Can we trust that little witch?" Rebekah spat.

"It's your only option." Sophie crossed her arms. "I can try slowing this down, giving Davina time."

"Do it, then." Rebekah spat.

Helena had been silent. Her baby could die because of Klaus' enemies. She was in so much pain and she was swallowing each wave, attempting to not show Elijah and Rebekah how malicious the witches were.

"We have to bring her fever down." Sophie commanded.

Helena was broken out of her thoughts by Elijah, who picked her up.