Chapter 11

Helena groaned when she woke up and rubbed her stomach. She didn't know how she could be so big at 24 weeks. She was ginormous. She had been at the compound for two weeks and she was surprised at how easily she adapted.

"Marcel." She greeted as he got up from his seat to help her down the stairs.

"Helena. Good morning."

"I'm not an invalid, you know." She informed him haughtily.

Marcel laughed boisterously. "But Klaus would have my head if something happened to you."

She frowned as he led her to a table. "Marcel, I've been curious. Why are you so hostile to the witches? Klaus has an excuse, they threatened his child, but what is your reason?" She spoke cautiously.

Marcel shrugged. "Have you heard how I found Klaus?" She shook her head. "I was being whipped and Klaus saved me. He raised me as his own and eventually turned me. When I took over the quarter, my biggest rule was to never harm children."

"Admirable." Helena mumbled. If only Voldemort had shared that sentiment.

"Thank you." Marcel smiled. "A couple months ago, I catch wind of the witches performing a ceremony and I get there and they're slaughtering these young girls. I was only able to save one, Davina. Everything I do is to protect her."

Helena cocked her head. "Where is this Davina?" She asked.

Marcel laughed. "Can't have that floating around." He quirked his eyebrows flirtatiously and Helena shook her head dropping the subject.

"Marcel, my friend. I see you're getting to better know Helena?" Helena jumped as she heard Klaus' voice behind her.

"Merlin, Klaus!" She placed a hand over her heart.

"Merlin?" Marcel snorted.

"My girl has her quirks." Klaus joked.

After Marcel left, Helena turned to him. "Did you just call me your 'girl'?" She joked.

"You are carrying my heir, sweetheart."

"Doesn't mean I'm yours." She pouted. "And she is just as much my heir as yours." She said thinking of her high blood status.

He leaned in. "Maybe I want you to be mine."

"And what would you do to 'get' me, Klaus?" She leaned in further.

"Well, I'd normally wine and dine you, but it seems I can only do half of that."

"I would like to get out of the compound." Helena suggested hopefully.

"No." Klaus said, suddenly incredibly serious.

"Oh come on! Klaus, please!"

"The compound is safe." He pointed out. Helena pouted and Klaus clenched his jaw. "You won't leave my sight."

Helena practically leaped on him, kissing him in thanks. "Good choice, sir. Thank you." She smiled.

Klaus smiled fondly as he walked through the quarter with a pregnant Helena, who was practically bouncing with excitement for her temporary freedom.

"No frickin' way." Klaus chucked a moment before he realized Helena had taken off and started chatting animately to a child he didn't recognize.

"Helena." He walked up next to her quickly.

"Just a minute, Klaus." She rolled her eyes. "How did you get it here?" She laughed at the boy and she pointed to a stick behind the boys ear.

"My cousin sent it to me after his last Hogsmeade weekend." The boy smiled. "Can I have your autograph?" Klaus' eyes widened.