Chapter 13

Nearly six weeks had passed since Helena had threatened Marcel. Everyone at the compound was still walking on eggshells around her, no doubt frightened by the power she seemed to have. A normal human would not have been able to that to a newborn much less a two-hundred-year-old. They knew she was different, but no one asked, not even Klaus. And that had hurt her. It was as if Klaus wanted no knowledge of the mother of his child. He should know that whatever skill she had, her child would have it too. Helena refused to believe that Klaus hated her, but it was possible. Marcel was his 'son'. Speaking of Marcel, he had successfully found and persuaded a French quarter witch to reverse the curse.

The baby, who was still nameless, was fine. She would surely be more of a nightmare than Helena had been. As Ginny had said in one of her letters, "Considering who her parents are, it is to be expected."

Helena sighed. The Weasleys' had been telling her to bring her 'boyfriend' to England for the past three weeks and she had been putting it off.

Klaus had requested that she help Davina through whatever she was going through, Helena agreed, knowing that her experiences would help her understand what Davina had been going through. She had been spending a lot of time around Davina and had found out that both their circumstances had been rather similar. Both of them had been used for the so-called greater good, Helena by the Ministry, to act as a scapegoat, Davina by her coven's elders, to increase their power.

Helena's thoughts were interrupted by a timid knock on her door. "Come in,"

"Umm... hi." A newly resurrected Davina entered the room.

"Hello Davina, how can I help you," Helena asked smiling, no pity visible on her face or in her eyes.

"I heard about what you did to Marcel.-"

The smile vanished off Helena's face. "If you've come to tell me off-''

"Um... Actually, I was wondering if you could teach me how to fight. You know so that I can defend myself." Davina asked apprehensively.

"Oh," the smile returned. "I can teach you how to fight, but you are gonna have to learn to bear with how I teach. Just because you are a girl doesn't mean that I'll go easy on you, if anything I'll go tougher on you." Helena quoted what Remus had said to her when she had asked him to teach her how to fight. He had known that her parents would have wanted Helena to learn. He also knew that if she was anything like them, she'd be a force to be reckoned with. Both her parents had been fearsome warriors and it seemed that she had inherited their talents.

"Come on." She told Davina.

"Wait, you're gonna start teaching me now?"

"Ya, when else?"

"But you're pregnant."

"So what?" Helena retorted. "I ain't an invalid."

"I was thinking we'd start once you gave birth."

"No time like the present, Darlin'." Helena quipped.

"Okay." For the first time since she had been resurrected, Davina smiled.

As they reached the open area of the compound, Helena sighed, "It would be better if there was grass, but we'll make do."

Helena pulled Davina to the corner and told her, "The first thing when it comes to fighting well is good strength and stamina. When I was at school, I played our tribal sport, it was called Quidditch, it's a sort of combination of soccer and basketball, the size of the pitch was two times the size of a football field, while training, our captain would make us run two rounds but the man who trained me made me run ten. Alas, we do not have a pitch here, we are gonna run four rounds around the compound. But first, we are gonna change into sports shoes."
Helena felt a certain peace, helping Davina, a type of clarity she had not felt in a long long time. She saw herself in Davina. In truth, Davina was a lot like her, her devotion for those she loved, her determination for what she wanted...all this reflected Helena in Davina.