Chapter 8

As the week passed, Helena noticed that one of the Originals was always around to help her with Teddy. She didn't know if it was to keep her and the baby healthy or to protect the three of them, but she was grateful. At three years old, Teddy had Tonks' grace and Remus' curiosity, making him a handful. They were in the library, Teddy coloring as Helena read a book and Rebekah walked in.

"Helena, we need to talk." She told the woman.

Helena frowned but nodded. "Stay here, Ted. Try not to cause too much trouble." She rolled her eyes exasperatedly. She put her hand on her stomach as she pushed herself out of the chair, not because her stomach was large, but more out of how tired she was as of late.

Her smile fell when she saw Rebekah's face. "What's the matter?" She inquired.

"You can't tell Klaus." She pleaded. Helena shrugged, so Rebekah continued. "I slept with Marcel."

"Like Marcel, Klaus' enemy? Marcel?" Helena couldn't help laughing. "Good for you."

Rebekah smiled at Helena's giggles. "Seriously? That's what you say? No 'you whore'?" Rebekah laughed.

"Who am I to judge?" Helena smiled understandingly. "I got knocked up by your brother." She shrugged.

"Better you than some others." Rebekah teased. She had become fond of the girl, and the fondness only grew the more time she spent with her.

Helena had just put Teddy down when there was a knock on her door. She frowned, no one came to the plantation ever. She was cautious because Klaus had just left after receiving a sudden call, leaving her and Teddy alone.

She opened the door and was shocked to see the man who had kidnapped her. "Marcel." She smiled. "How lovely to see you." She smiled fakely and made sure not to step over the threshold.

"I thought I would stop by for a visit." He smirked charmingly and leaned against the threshold.

"I'm sorry, it's really not a good time." Helena said cordially.

"Oh yes. That little boy upstairs. Must be hard with the little bun in the oven?" Marcel's smile made Helena's skin crawl.

"That little boy is not part of this." She hissed, suddenly dangerous. Marcel blinked, slightly taken aback. His instincts told him that the girl in front of him was not what she seemed. She was dangerous. "Leave now, Marcel." Helena warned. "Or I will ensure you can't come back."

"Tell Klaus I stopped by." Marcel said, trying to get the last word in.

"Tell him yourself." And she slammed the door shut.

She was still angry an hour later, pacing the study. How dare he threaten Teddy and her daughter! Her children. She walked upstairs to check on Teddy, but there was a crash downstairs. Her eyes widened, and she ran as fast as she could to Teddy, waking him up.

"Ted. Teddy. Wake up." Helena said urgently. "We have to go, little wolf." She hurriedly grabbed his jacket and shoes and picked him up, despite the strain she had.

She rushed down a different flight of stairs that would lead to the kitchen. She had to get Teddy out of the house. She rushed outside and once under the cover of the trees lining the yard, she put Teddy down, who was incredibly tired and scared.

"Ted, there's someone who wants to hurt us. We need to run. If we get separated and someone else finds you, tell them that Elijah Mikaelson can return you home. Okay?" Helena hoped Elijah had less enemies that Klaus had. She urged him as the jogged through the forest. She stopped after a few minutes to catch their breath and she looked wildly around, not letting go of Teddy's hand. She gasped as someone grabbed her from behind, forcing her to let go of Teddy and covered her mouth with a cloth. She fought but she was quickly subdued.