Plan first!

Ashton's POV

"I'm telling you, their map led down here. " Tom stated, looking determined as he looked around the basement we were now in, after a very long and boring decision on what to do earlier, more like an argument between Tom and Jake.
"You positive?" Jake asked, looking annoyed just standing and doing nothing, probably how I am right now because I really don't want anything to happen to the innocent adults in this house right now who are completely unaware.

" You hear that? Rice Krispies." Hannah asked, looking around, holding her sock monkey closer to her, while I held her closer to me.
"What is that?" I also asked, looking around for any sign of where it could possibly be, but it sounded like it was coming from Art. Art pulled out a DS from his pocket, looking weirdly at in, opening it up to see many weird and strange symbols.

"It's them. Something down here's setting it off." Tom whispered, looking down at the DS . I look over to Jake, seeing him pick up a rake from near by, holding it as a weapon.
"Well, whatever it is, we can't let 'em get to it. Everyone, gear up. We move on my command." Jake orders the twins, who quickly listen and get their own little weapon, I froze, taking his arm, stopping him from leaving towards the direction of the Attic opening .

"Now, just hold on." I said, glaring the twins who froze at my look for them to stop. Tom quickly stepped up also from behind me.
"If we run up there with a bunch of random junk, we're gonna get creamed. We can make something better." Tom obviously started thinking smart with his brains, like I was, thinking we need to have something better than just a paintball gun and some garden tools.

"We're in the middle of a battle, and you wanna play science fair? No way. We're going back in now... before our parents end up as alien zombies." Jake exclaimed, looking in my eyes as I let go of his arm slowly.
"You're not thinking. We need a plan." I said softly, trying to calm down Jake, who looked to be angry and upset at the same time, I sighed, giving up on changing his stubborn mind already.
"I already have a great idea for a weapon." Tom said, looking a bit proud.

"Really? Let's go. Now." Jake ordered the twins already going, I let go of Hannah, grabbing a bat near by, turning around to the shocked Hannah and Tom. I shook my head smiling at them.
" I will watch over them for the time being just to be safe. " I promised, nodding to them and quickly taking off after the three who just left.

"What's up, Nate?" Jake said to his father who was eating chips from a huge bowl that was now almost empty.
"Hey, guys!" Nate said back lazily, waving his free hand. We ran up the stairs, then still not noticing me because of my quietness.

"Hey, Nana!" Art exclaimed running
"See ya Nana." I exclaimed, slightly jogging behind the three Who looked behind them, seeing me there shocked them and the twins half smiling at me, while Jake smirked to me. Just as we ran into the room where the Attic opening was, I heard a sudden banging come from the roof, meaning they are really trying to come out.

"They're busting through. The warrior code says strike first." Jake exclaimed, then looked over to us, looking now determined.

"Art, cover me." Orders Jake.
"With the rake?" Art asked, looking down to the pathetic take on his hands, that looked just about to break. Jake ignored Art's comment and quickly did a flip, pulling the paint ball him from near by, instantly shooting to the now open area.
"How do you feel now? Suckers! Mission accomplished." Jake said happily, making me look at him like he was stupid, How can you kill them, or even hurt them, when he didn't really shoot them at all.

"Oh, God." I whispered tugging back the twins, who hugged me in fear, seeing a shiny object fly out of the Attic opening.
"Oh--" Art muttered, but his twin quickly finished the sentence right after. "- Crud."
Jake jumped back, but fell right after, the thing landing between his legs, he closed his eyes, me and the twins following right after, but once I heard nothing, I opened my eyes cautiously, not seeing anything wrong, the thing seemed like the size of a grenade. All that happened was a small tinkle from the silver thing.