Chapter Two The Rise Of Marinette D.C Part One

Marinette's POV
I stare in shock at the door Alya had left through just moments ago.SHE'S ENTERING ME IN THE CONTEST!!! I can't say I wasn't shocked by it, I mean being famous is something everyone wants but having it handed to you just seems wrong. I rush up to my room to see that Alya had downloaded my Mariah Carey cover on to her phone and I inwardly groan. I was listening to it before she came here and in my opinion, it didn't come out the way I would have liked it too."If she was gonna do this she could have chosen one of my better ones."I say to myself.I could talk to Alya about it tomorrow and tell her not to enter me in the contest if she hasn't already. For now, I decide to sleep on it and deal with it tomorrow.

The next day I wake up and pick up my phone, one of the notifications is a text from Alya saying to meet her at the park. I chuckle and roll my eyes.I hop out of bed and throw on a bright blue tank top, black pants and a black leather jacket, I also put on a headband with cat ears made of bluebell flowers. I walk across the street to the park and I see Alya sitting on a bench looking at her laptop. I smirk to myself and creep up behind the bench and scream. Alya immediately jumps up screaming bloody murder and I am dying laughing. Once my laughter evens out I see Alya giving me a dirty look. I throw my hands up in surrender."I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself, "I apologize. She shakes her head and sits in the bench, and motions for me to sit right next to her.

"Marinette," she starts"I am really sorry that I entered you in the contest without permission, I was just so excited and I didn't know you could sing like that. Why didn't you tell me"I shrug

"You never asked."Alya rolls her eyes at me and I look at her laptop screen. The website pulled up makes me scoff."The debate between Adrien Agreste and Tomas Schuyler, are you serious?"The debate between the two boys began whenever Tomas became a pop star. Tomas's looks and melodic voice earned him a spot on the top ten list for Paris's Hottest Teenage Celebrities. And Adrien was pretty high on that list at the time, the number one spot, but as time went on Tomas began to rise, eventually becoming a threat at the number two spot. And long story short the fangirls of both Adrien and Tomas had the equivalent of World War IV on the matter and started a poll to see what the population had to say about it that started 4 months ago and Tomas became a pop star 8 months ago so, the matter hasn't completely settled down yet but, eventually, it will become old news.

Alya types a new web address into the bar and it pulls up a website about the singing contest.I look at all the information about the contest and how it works and when it ends. Basically, to enter, you have to upload a video of you singing and a picture of yourself on the website, and you are automatically entered. I read farther to see that the contest is supposed to end in two months but the winner will be announced at Tomas Schuyler's next concert, which is supposed to be a week and a half from the end of the contest.

Alya opens the tab that has the place to enter yourself in the contest and uploads my audio and a photo of me in cat ears onto the page. I groan," I swear Alya if you were going to do this than you could have at least used one of my better ones."I say. Alya turns to look at me, her eyes bigger than an anime characters.

"There are better ones!"She says, her voice rising to a surprised shout. I laugh as a shadow looms over us. I look up to see Adrien smiling down at us.

"Hey, girls," He says, sitting down next to me. I give him a bright smile and Alya just nods."What are you doing?" he asks. Alya turns her computer around to show the web page about the contest. Adrien looks at her in surprise."You sing?!" he asked.

"No, but Marinette does, "Alya says, pointing at me. A slight blush coats my cheeks as Adrien stares at me.

"Really!?" he says in alarm. I give him a nod as Alya pulls up a file.