The Interview Part Two

Adrien's POV

Sitting beside Marinette and not being able to hold her against me like I was itching to do was more difficult than anticipated. My fingers began to twitch as the camera crew waited for Nadia's signal to start recording. Marinette sat there anxiously as Nadia gave the signal and opened the show.

"Hello everyone and welcome to another episode of Side By Side. Today I have two very special guests with me. Model, Adrien Agreste, son of Gabriel Agreste. And the winner of the Miraculous Records Singing contest/Overnight sensation, Marinette D.C.!"

The camera panned to us and we both waved at it. Mari took another deep breath and I gave into my urge, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder to get her attention before smiling reassuringly at her. She relaxed and smiled at me before returning her focus to Nadia. Nadia clasped her hands together in front of her chest.

"It is great to have you both here and I am really excited about you in particular Marinette." She pointed at her and Mari chuckled awkwardly. "Ah! No offense Adrien" she added quickly. I just waved her off.

"None taken Nadia, I'm a little excited as well to be honest." Mari groaned loudly.

"So I'm the only one on the verge of a panic attack here?!" Her eyes clicked between the both of us in rapid succession and Nadia and I laughed. Mari started pouting slightly and I patted her head to which she rolled her eyes at.

"Aside from that, let's talk about you first Marinette. So there's this small thing about you practically breaking the internet, with your live performance for the song 'Attention'. Can you tell us a little about that?" Nadia leans forward in her chair slightly.

"Ok, umm. I'm not sure what you want me to say about it but the entire idea was that this was the big debut, what people were waiting for from me and I wanted to try something that I hadn't seen any other singers do traditionally so I decided to dance while singing. And I'm getting winded just talking about it, wow." She took a deep breath, having just given her whole explanation in one single breath. She clears her throat before continuing. "Right, so the song itself is the first in the album and is one of my favorites, that's why I wanted to have a dance for it" Nadia smiles.

"That's great, and clearly it was well-received by the public because for starters, that one part of the concert was uploaded and in less that 4 hours got 80 million views, so, " The whole studio breaks out into applause and Mari gets flustered, bringing her knees up and covering her face with her hands for a moment before regaining her posture. When the applause dies down Nadia speaks again. "And not only that, but since the album's release, it had sold over 18 million copies worldwide." She makes some large motions with her hands to emphasize it and Marinette's eyes go wide as saucers.

"Holy crap, are you serious?!" She leans forward in her chair slightly and Nadia nods enthusiastically.

"Deadly Marinette, you've broken some records here and it's not surprising considering how much you've skyrocketed into stardom. When people call you an overnight sensation they have a reason." Mari slumps back into the couch and puffs out a breath.

"So what you're saying is that all of the anxiety I've been having over the past month and a half was for nothing?" I audibly snorted and started chuckling into my hand and Nadia rolled her eyes.

"In other words you have nothing to fear, you're a star, and a huge one at that. I personally am very excited to see where you are going to end up in a few years." She winked at her and looked back to the cue cards. Mari put on a small smile. Nadia speaks again.

"So Adrien. You know as well as I do that your father has something big in the works for his new collection and I assume you as usual are at the focal point for this correct?" She raised her eyes from the cue cards to give me a quick look. I nodded simply. "Right so I just wanna make this clear, from what I've seen your father has been trying to darken your image for a couple of years, so you know what he's going for this time?" I let out a small puff of air.

"To be completely honest I'm not sure, I'm completely in the dark about this one this time. He usually has Natalie tell me about it by now but I've gotten squat. I can tell you this though, I'm getting a new stylist." Her eyes widen and Mari turns her head to me. "I know it surprised me too."

"Your stylist has been the same since you started modeling right?! Why change now?" Her voice raises slightly and she leans forward a bit more. I throw my hands up in surrender and panic.

"I told you I don't know!" I said quickly. "I'm sorry!" Mari snorted, chuckling into her hand because of my dramatics. My eyes cut to her and I frown. "What are you laughing at new guy?" She composed herself instantly and responded.

"Just reminded me of myself a little, I'm sorry, " She chuckles again and Nadia turns to her.

"What do you mean by that?" Mari gives her a deadpan look and crosses her arms.

"So you don't remember all the times you made me panic under pressure when asking me if I had a boyfriend or not?" I coughed and Nadia let out a nervous breath.

"W-well I..." She cleared her throat. "You were my daughter's babysitter and a friend of mine, it was only natural if I asked about those things." She turned her chin up. Mari smirked a little.

"Ah-ha, and cornering me in the hallway was that way to go?" Nadia coughed and I laughed a little, the image easily coming to my head.

"L-look, this interview isn't about me so let's just move on please!" She panicked a little and looked at her cue cards, holding them up a little too forcefully. Mari giggled and looked at me. I gave her a thumbs up and she gave one back before we started giggling with each other.

There was no doubt about it, she was going to be just fine in the spotlight.