Chapter Nine The Interview Part One

Marinette's POV

After the concert was over I did something I haven't done in over a month. I walked into my room, collapsed on my bed and slept like a baby. Waking up the next morning was almost an out of body experience for me. After so many weeks pulling all-nighters almost daily. Actually waking up in a bed instead of a couch, waking up by myself, and not by Tomas. Being well-rested for once was something that felt amazingly foreign to me.

I groaned lightly and stretched my arms to the sky, flopping them down and laying there for a minute before actually deciding to get out of bed. My feet hit the cold wood floor and I shivered slightly before standing up and walking to my kitchen. Opening the fridge, and pulling out a carton of eggs. I let out a puff of air as I heard my stomach growl violently, the thought of actual food making me overreact.

I quickly made myself some eggs and sat down to eat when the glass doors to my apartment slid open, making me jump in my seat. I looked over and saw Tomas walking in, Luka right behind him. Luka took a quick look around, almost seeming to miss me at the island before returning his gaze to me, his eyes bugging out. He tapped Tomas rapidly on the shoulder to get his attention and pointed to me. Tomas looked at him weirdly before turning his eyes to me, jumping back in shock and dropping his phone. "Mari?!" he exclaimed. I waved awkwardly.

"Hey guys..." Luka rushed over and put his hand under my chin, looking at my face in shock before looking over his shoulder at Tomas

"Dude, you have to see this!" Thomas rushes over and looks at me, gasping. My awkwardness fades and I look at them in concern.

"Guys, what is it, what's wrong? Is there something on my face?" I pat my cheeks and forehead, feeling for anything out of the ordinary. Tomas spoke.

"You...look...well-rested...." I stop mid feel and comprehend his words before putting my hands down and glaring at the both of them, crossing my arms.

"Are you serious?" They looked at me for a bit before breaking out into identical grins. They launched themselves at me, knocking me out of my chair and throwing us all onto the floor. They wrapped their arms around me, smothering me beneath them. I gasped. "Hey! Get off of me!" I tried moving my arms and legs under their weight to get them off of me but they started squeezing between them.

"You actually have the energy to fight us off," Tomas said, almost squealing into my ear. Luka nuzzled into my cheek.

"I've never been this happy before." I gasped out, trying to take in air as they practically squeezed me to death. Luka stopped and released me, looking at me apologetically while my lungs expanded, finally taking in enough air.

"Ok, dude, quit smothering her, she's turning purple," Luka says. Tomas stops immediately and gets off of me as quickly as possible, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Sorry, Mari." I take in a few deep breaths and look up at them with a curious glare.

"What the heck has gotten into you guys?" Luka holds out his hand and I take it, letting him help me up.

"We were just a little too happy that you didn't look like you came straight out of the walking dead for once. I scrunch my eyebrows at him in question.

"But did you guys really have to crush me for it, I'm pretty sure that we could have gone without that," I giggle lightly and put a hand on Tomas' shoulder. "But I understand, just give me some warning next time ok?" Tomas looks at me and nods his head vigorously. "Alright then, do you want me to make you guys breakfast or something?" They both look at me with the same expression and shout at me simultaneously.

"Absolutely!"

Adrien's POV

I was humming again. I tapped my finger on the stone bench beneath me as I closed my eyes, humming to the tune of Marinette's debut that was playing on repeat in my head. Though to be honest it was completely my fault for playing the entirety of her concert on a loop for hours at a time for the last week and a half.