Chapter Ten Gifts Part One

Tomas's POV

Sitting on the couch in my apartment, I gazed at the tv with a gentle smile. Marinette was currently in her third live TV interview, which she was handling exceptionally well.

At least after her initial anxiety.

A kind of familial pride bloomed in my chest as I watched her answer the questions the host asked with grace and honesty. And her trademark smile. I heard the door to my apartment slide open and I looked back to see Luka walking towards me before sitting himself on my couch and putting his feet up on the coffee table. He smiled at me and I raised a brow.

"Hi, " I greeted in mock annoyance. He gave a small wave and looked at the TV, which was currently on a close up of Mari.

"I haven't seen that face in a while, " He said, pouting slightly. I rolled my eyes.

"Neither have I, and we live in the same building," I said. Since the first interview, as predicted she was even busier than me, mainly because I was in the early stages of writing my next album which was due to be released in the next six months. Luka and I have been in the studio constantly and Mari has been running around Paris for all of this promotion and exposure. Luka looked at me again. "We should do something for her." I turned to look at him.

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I have something already lined up for her." Luka crossed his arms in front of him.

"What is it?"

"Well I was supposed to go and pick her up later today after the radio show she had after this, and I was also planning on taking her somewhere private so she could relax." He hummed in thought.

"Good base idea, but where are we gonna take her?"

"Well, I was hoping Adrien would help with that. I know they haven't seen each other in a few weeks so I was gonna call him and see if he was free today." Luka narrowed his eyes.

"You have his number?" I nodded slightly and Luka sniffed before looking back at the T.V where the host was ending the show. I called out to him.

"Luka is something wrong?" I leaned closer and put a hand on his shoulder and he gave me a side glance.

"Nothing, nothing man," He shook his head a little, the dyed tips of his hair covering his eyes and I crossed my arms.

"No not nothing. You know you're terrible at lying. Out with it." Luka collapsed against the back of the couch, shutting his eyes and sighing heavily.

"Tomas, it's not that big of a deal. I just didn't expect that you two were close in any way." I blinked at his admission.

"Luka I'm-" He cuts me off.

"I know I know, it's stupid. It's not like I have any reason to be. He's her boyfriend and I guess they're kinda a package deal. So it makes sense that you guys talk." He sighs again and leans forward, bracing his forearms on his thighs and hanging his head. "I guess that's because you and he are more alike right?" He chuckles humorlessly. My shoulders deflate a bit.

"Luka..." I trailed off a bit. He shook his head again and stood up, turning to me with a smile on his face.

"Anyway, call him and let him know, I'll try and find a place for us all to meet up." He put his hands in his pockets before promptly walking out of my apartment as I stared after him blankly, turning his quick attitude shift over in my head for a while before groaning, getting off the couch, and reaching for my phone.

Adrien's POV

I watched my fingers as they quickly moved over the ivory and black keys or my piano, pushing down the appropriate ones to create the melody I had known by heart for more than a few years. The notes floated around the room and hung in the air for a short time before being succeeded by another. It felt nice to relieve some stress after a hectic few weeks of photoshoots and several tailoring sessions in which I had been informed that I was growing too fast.