Chapter Five Moving Forward

Adrien's POV

Taking a roll of clear tape, I use it to tape down the flaps of a cardboard box and use scissors to cut the extra.

Mari was right next to me carefully packing away her sewing machine and rolls of thread into a slightly larger box.

Letting out a deep sigh I lean back on my heels and close my eyes. I couldn't believe that I was doing this. I was helping Marinette pack for her move to an apartment building that MR owned. The CEO's had decided that it would be better for her to stay in a dorm there instead of having to be driven an hour back and forth. And while I saw their point, it didn't mean that I was happy about it.

Her head settles itself on my shoulder. Marinette snuggles into me and I settle an arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer. "I know that you're not too happy about this, but think of it this way. " She sits on my lap. "We when you visit, we'll have more privacy." A light blush stains my cheeks as I laugh.

"Yeah, I guess so," I say, playing with a stray strand of her blue hair that had fallen out of her bun. "But you have to visit me too, I'm not doing all of the going outside mess." My voice takes on a southern American accent as I turn my head away from her. Mari just giggles and kisses my cheek.

"I promise." I smile and lean in to kiss her when her phone interrupts us. I scowl.

"Cockblock." Mari just swats my arm and reaches for her phone. Holding her phone to her ear, she listens to what the person on the other line has to say. Giving a brief 'yes', she hangs up. I tilt my head in question as she gets off my lap. Stretching her arms to the sky and letting out a groan, she looks at me.

"I think it's time that you meet the guy you've been competing with for months," she tilts her head. "Don't you?"

Marinette leads me downstairs into the bakery where Tomas is waiting. He sits at one of the vacant tables by the window. The blinds are drawn so that no one could see him from the outside. "Hey Mari," he says coming over to hug her. She hugs him back, briefly, before letting go and grabbing my hand. Tomas looks at me and smiles. "And you are Adrien Agreste, or are you just a doppelganger?" he asks, giving me a playfully skeptical look. Despite my initial jealousy, I laugh.

"No, I promise, I'm the real thing." I puff my chest out playfully and he laughs at my antics. He sticks his hand out for me to shake and I take it.

"No matter what the fangirls say, I think we're both pretty hot." I nod.

"Agreed." Mari's voice comes from beside us.

"You got that right," she says. Her hands placed sassily on her hips. "Now come on pretty boys. We've got a lot of packing to do." She walks back into the apartment. Tomas and I laugh. I turn around and kneel with a hand on my heart.

"Yes, my princess."

Forty-five minutes later, Marinette's room is barren and all her boxes are in a moving truck out back.

Downstairs, Tomas and I stand back as Mari and her parents hug each other to death.

"I'm gonna miss you so much Mama, Papa." she sniffs. Her mom holds her hands.

"Don't you worry about us little one, we'll be fine. You just do you're best out there, Ok?" She nods in response.

"I promise to call you guys every single day. And I'll try to visit you as often as possible," she promises. Her father steps up.

"That would be wonderful, but don't let us distract you. We'll try and send you money every month-" Tomas cuts him off.

"I don't think you need to do that. Marinette will be getting paid very highly for her work, if anything, it would be the other way around," he says. "Don't worry about her too much, I'll look after her." Her parent's nod and they hug one last time before Tomas leads us to his car. He gestures for us to get in and when the door is closed he thumps on the roof, and we speed off.