Chapter 17

~A week and three days later~ (The road trip is over, they are back home.)

Cami's POV:

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. There it was. That tiny pink plus sign. I stared at it, waiting for it to change. But it didn't. I sighed, but refused to cry. I threw the stick into the little trash bin and washed my hands. 

I walked out of the bathroom and was greeted by a hug. "I'm gonna miss you so much," Niall whispered. 

"Don't worry...I'll be fine here," I said. 

He pulled away from me, and said, "What's wrong, you look like you've just seen a ghost!"

Should I tell him? No. He already has to go back to Ireland for a death in his family, I'm sure this news wouldn't make him any happier.

"What? What are you talking about? I'm fine," I said. He looked at me suspiciously.

"Come on Niall, security's waiting to take you!" Liam called.

"Bye Cami, I'll call you as soon as I get there, okay?" Niall whispered. I nodded. He gave me a short but loving kiss, then pulled away. "I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," I said. I wondered if he'd still feel that way once I told him. I watched him walk out the door, giving me one last wave before disappearing for the next five days.  I sighed and sat down on the couch, then turned on the TV.

Louis' POV:

I went into the bathroom, did my business, then washed my hands. As I was washing, my eyes glanced over to the trash can. When I saw it, my heart stopped. What the hell? Oh god. I picked it up, and saw the little plus sign on it. Shit.

"Eleanor!" I called. I went in my room to see her sitting on the bed. She and Dani had slept over.

"Yeah?" she said.

"Remember that night in the hotel?" I asked.

"Yes," she smiled.

"Yeah um....are you pregnant?" I said, showing her the stick.

"What?! No! That's not mine!" she said, surprised. I sighed a breath of relief. Then it struck me. Liam and Dani.

"I'll be right back," I told her. I went down across the hall to Liam's room and knocked on the door.

"Come in," I heard him say. I went in to see him and Danielle watching Toy Story 3. "Yes?" he asked.

"Okay, well...I just sorta found this...and um...you're having a baby?!" I said holding out the stick. Liam turned to Danielle, shocked.

Dani looked pretty surprised herself, but then said, "Are you crazy?! No, I'm not!" Liam looked relieved.

I was confused. "But...it's not Eleanor's...and it's not yours...then who cou-" I stopped, frozen. No, no it can't be. I ran out and down the hall to her and Niall's room, followed by Liam. She wasn't in there. I ran down the stairs and saw her on the couch, watching TV. I walked over, picked up the remote, and turned it off. Then looked at her. She stared back with a questioning look. "Cami, I need to talk to you," I said.

She stood up, looking at us. "Sure, what's up?"

I took the stick from behind my back and held it up so she could see it. "Explain this," I said sternly. As much as I wanted to see her react like Eleanor and Dani, that's not how it happened. I watched as her face turned pale and her gentle hazel eyes filled with tears. 

"I'm so sorry," she whispered. I looked at her tiny body trembling as tears poured down her face. 

"Who's the father?" I said.