Chapter 18

Louis's POV:

"She's really got herself into a mess this time," I said to Liam.

"Sometimes I don't know what goes through her head," he replied.

"I mean, she's just a little girl!" I said.

"Well, she's not that little," Liam said.

"Sixteen is not the age you should be pregnant at," I replied.

"I know, but it wasn't like she was trying to be. She's just a little...irresponsible sometimes," Liam said.

"That's why I'm so worried about her! I mean I thought Niall would watch over her, but apparently not!" I said.

"Niall does watch over her, but he's her boyfriend, not her dad." He paused, then added, "Speaking of dads you pretty much act like one towards her," Liam said.

"Well, if I don't, then who will? She'll get herself into loads of trouble!" I responded.

"You've got a point there..." Liam said.

Just then Cami came out of my room.

"Morning Cami, feeling better?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'm still aching but I'll be alright," she said. Then she turned around and started walking down the hall.

"Where are you going?" I called after her.

"On a walk," she said, not even turning around. Instead, she started off down the stairs.

"Alone?" I said.

"No, with my imaginary friend!" she yelled back. I heard the front door open, then close again. I sighed and went down to make breakfast.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cami's POV:

I went downstairs and out of the apartment building. Great, it's raining. I pulled up the hood of Louis' sweatshirt and kept walking. A bunch of thoughts filled my head.

Why is Louis acting like this? I mean I know he was strict before but at least he used to joke around sometimes. Now it's just...

I pushed the thoughts from my head and kept walking. I hadn't realized I was crying until someone tapped me on the shoulder and asked me what's wrong. I turned around to see a man of about 25 standing there.

"It's just...life," I said.

"Well...is there anything I can do to help?" he asked.

"You can buy me a bottle of vodka," I said.

"How old are you?" he asked.

"Sixteen," I said.

"Well...okay," he replied. "By the way, I'm Jason." 

"Cami," I said.

"Nice to meet you, now let's get going," he said, then started walking down the street to the liquor store on the corner. He bought me a bottle of vodka while I waited outside, then came back out and handed it to me.

"Thanks," I said. Then I turned around and began to leave, but he stopped me.

"Look, it's cold outside, why don't we go inside somewhere," Jason said.

"Fine.." I answered. He grabbed my hand and took me across the street to a pub. There was a few people in there, but not many. He took us to a booth by the window and sat down across from me. I opened the bottle and began to drink.