Bloodburn

XIV

Bloodburn

** ^..^ **

@

"What happened?" Malfoy demanded, conjuring a levitating stretcher for Freddie, who was now crying in pain. Malfoy then fired a quick stabilizing/pain relieving Charm at Freddie's arm, and Freddie screamed. Malfoy scowled. "This is a were-bite, isn't it?" He demanded.

Hagrid opened his mouth to answer, deciding to just get it over with and confess, when Ciaran cut him off.

"He f-fell down the st-stairs," Ciaran said, as Malfoy looked intently at him. That gave Lee the chance to stomp on Hagrid's foot, but it was clear that Malfoy didn't believe them. It could have been the mud and leaves on their shoes that did it.

"See ter him," Hagrid snapped, sneaking the boy a wink, "I gots ter get back an' help Teddy'n'Jack!"

"Help them?" Malfoy asked, as Hagrid ran for the front doors. "What's wrong?"

"A Gytrash is attackin' ‘em!" Hagrid bellowed, as out the door he went.

"Merlin!" Malfoy swore, "KREACHER!" He then yelled, and the house elf appeared with a POP! "Is Weasley in the kitchen?" He demanded, and Kreacher nodded. "Figures. Go and fetch him!"

They'd just topped the stairs when Hermione and Charlie Weasley appeared with Kreacher again in a louderCRACK! Having just been Side-along-Apparated inside the Castle via House Elf magic didn't seem to agree with them very well! After all, it was something that humans couldn't do.

"Freddie!" Hermione gasped, still guiltily holding a mug of cocoa in her hand.

"The pups are being attacked by a Gytrash!" Malfoy explained hastily, "Hagrid's gone to help!"

Charlie swore as he and Hermione took off into the night to follow the sounds of the dogfight and the rapidly fading light of Hagrid's lit umbrella. Kreacher vanished in an even louder CRACK!

"Now, again, how'd this happen?" Malfoy repeated. "You said he fell down the stairs?"

"We were sneakin' out," Lee confessed, which wasn't a lie at all.

"Under a full moon?!" Malfoy shook his head. "The legendary Gryffindor stupidity! 50 points each from Gryffindor!" He snapped, "AND a detention, with me!"

"It w-was only to the k-kitchen!" Ciaran protested.

"Check your shoes! Last time I looked, the kitchens didn't have a mud floor," Malfoy sneered at him, as they arrived at the Hospital Wing. "10 more points each for lying!"