The Cure

XX

The Cure

** ^..^ **

@

"Potter, you head for Hagrid's while the rest of us get the students back to the Castle," Professor McGonagall decided, as she and the other Professors began rounding up the Prefects and began that task.

"YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!" She called out, magically amplifying her voice, "ALL STUDENTS WILL FOLLOW THEIR PREFECTS BACK TO THE CASTLE AT ONCE, IN AN ORDERLY FASHION! STUDENTS WILL GO DIRECTLY TO THEIR COMMON ROOMS. FANS, PLEASE JOIN THEM UNTIL WE CAN FIND OUT WHAT IS HAPPENING!"

"Accio, Custom!" Harry shouted, and Teddy's broomstick came floating down to him. "Jump on," He told her and Hermione.

"Can this thing carry three people?" Andromeda asked.

"Trust me," Harry grinned, as they took off for Hagrid's.

They met a very pale and perplexed Ron at the door, as Hermione was still berating Harry for "letting a child fly around on this dangerous thing!" Andromeda began beating Harry with her hat. Then they saw what Ron was holding, draped over his arms:

Four torn and ruined Gryffindor school uniforms.

Small ones.

"Ron?" Harry gasped, "What's happened?"

"The boys?" Hermione asked, giving her husband a shake.

"Ronald! Where are the boys? Why do you have their clothes?" Andromeda demanded.

"W-werewolves?" Ron jerked a thumb at Hagrid's front door, as something howled out in the Forest as if on queue.

Harry pulled out his small compact again, holding it up to his ear. "The Shack's quiet, which means Jack's OK."

"Or that Hagrid took off with him," Hermione shook her head. "You should have attached the receiver to a collar, Harry," she told him.

"I don't think Jack would like wearing a collar," Harry told her. He then turned back to Ron. "Ron, the boys?" He repeated. "Where's Teddy?"

Ron just shook his head. "In there, but it can't be?"

And then it came to Hermione, as she looked at the ruined uniforms again, her eyes lingering on a ripped Gryffindor crest.

"Ronald, are you saying the other boys transformed too!?" She exclaimed.

"A-apparently so?" Ron nodded dumbly, "I found...I found three of ‘em in there?"

"Teddy? You don't think he...?" Andromeda wondered, her face paling.

"He didn't, he wouldn't!" Harry shook his head, as he drew his holly wand and they went inside.

Sitting near the fireplace were three small wolves, surrounding one that was lying, stretched out, nearer to the fire.

And the fourth wasn't moving.

Harry looked closer at their muzzles and tails, the set of their spines, stared into their golden eyes, and confirmed that they were indeed werewolves. He lowered his arm, and Andromeda moved closer, wand at the ready.

Keeping wands trained on them, just in case, the three wolves backed off a bit as Harry and Andromeda went to examine the still wolf that they knew so well.

"They've got Human intelligence," Hermione informed them, waving her wand over them as the wolves wagged their tails and whined.

"Teddy?" Harry choked, placing a hand on the small wolf's side, then feeling his nose. The other three barked at him.