Teddy's Secret Revealed

XXIX

Teddy's Secret Revealed

Late that night, Harry began his rounds of patrolling the Castle, looking for students out of bed. Like Ron, however, he had a soft spot for younger students found in or near the kitchens. After sending Harper of Ravenclaw and Perry the Hufflepuff back to bed with only minus two points for each and a few extra pastries, and a strict warning that he knew would be ignored, he too accepted éclairs from Winky and carried them all the way up the fourth floor before he realized that they were melting in his hand.

"Must get a Pensieve," he muttered, "before my heads bursts!"

"Are you going to eat that, Potty?" Peeves asked, sneaking up on Harry from behind. "You know, Peevesey remembers a time when you used to sneak around with that cloak, like Wolfboy does now. Did you know he's in the Library?"

Harry gave his wand a good shake, then spoke into the tip. "Teddy, why are you in the Library and not in bed?" He asked it.

"How'd you know?" Harry's wand buzzed in reply.

"Uncle knows everything, Teddy. Bed, now!" He replied, "And two points from Gryffindor!"

"Yes, sir," Teddy's voice sighed through the wand.

"Thanks, Peeves," Harry nodded. "That was very odd - for you?"

"Even Peeves knows what's about to happen," the Poltergeist replied sadly. "Making trouble might be fun, but this is bad. Very bad. With no children, no school, there's no fun for old Peevesey, is there?" He addressed himself in the third person, as he followed Harry up the stairs. Then his face turned serious, which was even stranger. "There's going to be another war, isn't there?"

"No," Harry answered. "Yes," He then fudged a bit, "But it's already been going on. We've just covered it up. There's going to be a battle, though. One battle - but no extended war, not like with Voldemort. Either they go down, or we do." Harry paused. "Peeves, whatever this Black Wolf is, I'm pretty sure it can harm you and the other Ghosts. But if you're on the same Plane as it is, we could use all the help we can get."

"You can count on us, Harry," Sir Nicholas added, as he came through the wall. "Teddy is back in the Tower, you know."

"Have the others keep a close eye on the children," Harry suggested, "Ask the Baron, the Friar, and the Grey Lady, if you would. Don't let any of them outside the Castle walls. Any chance we can get Podmore and his friends in on this one?"

"I'm sure the Headless Hunt would relish the chance to hunt a Gytrash," Sir Nicholas nodded, his head wobbling. "Conceited as they are," he added.

Harry nodded in return, then took his leaves of the Ghosts.

He soon found himself heading down the corridor that led to the Staff apartments, and without really thinking about it, found himself staring a the thin line of light coming from under Neville Longbottom's door.

He moved on, but as he passed the last door on the right near the stairs, he stopped.

Behind it, someone was crying.

A lady.

Harry turned around, went back down the hall, and knocked softly on the door that spilled that tiny bit of light onto the cold stone floor.

"Harry?" Neville whispered, gesturing for him to come in. Harry noticed that Neville was still dressed, and looking a bit rumpled. It was evident that he'd only napped a bit, in his clothes, and was hitting the coffee in preparation of his own rounds later.

"Neville, I have to ask you something," Harry almost mumbled, as he eased the door shut and cast a Muffliato Charm about the room. "And it's not going to be an easy answer."

Harry Potter and the New Marauders (A Harry Potter Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara