5: Friend or Fangirl

After the basketball game, there was about half an hour left before we had to go back to class. I had gotten the last basket in, and we had won. I actually didn't think that I'd be able to play as well as I had, simply because I hadn't played for so long.

"Thanks," I said to Len as we walked out of the schoolyard and towards the ice cream parlour. He was walking at my left and Oliver was at my right. He laughed a little and shook his head.

"Why're you thanking me?" He wore an amused grin on his face.

"I had fun," I smiled.

Kaito and Gakupo were walking in front of us, and every now and then, I couldn't help but stare at Kaito's back. I couldn't hear what he was saying because he spoke so quietly, unlike Gakupo, who was loud and overly exuberant.

"Head in the clouds?" Len gently rapped his fist against my head and I yelped, surprised.

"Sort of!" I blabbed, my face flushing. He just laughed again and patted my back.

We entered the ice cream parlour and found ourselves a spot to sit. Gakupo, Kaito and Piko were at the counter, getting both their ice creams and ours.

"Gumi wants a scoop of carrot!" Len yelled out before I could make my request. He smirked and I glared at him.

"That's not very nice," I said.

"I know that's what you want," he replied.

The three returned a few minutes later with the ice creams. Kaito was holding mine. He sat down across from me and extended his arm forward. I took it meekly.

"Thank you," I managed to say. He nodded and looked down at his hot fudge sundae. I could've sworn that there was lust burning in those eyes as he looked at the dessert, but I guess I could've been wrong.

I ate in silence, occasionally watching Len as he gobbled his ice cream down and stopped only because of brain freeze. I ate my ice cream slowly. Kaito talked to the guys every now and then. Sometimes I found myself almost staring at him.

Len was sitting to my right and Gakupo sat to my left. To be honest, I felt a little uncomfortable with Gakupo beside me, and I'm pretty sure he knew that. He kept nudging me, acting all innocent, even when I squeaked in surprise.

"Stop it!" I snapped after he had done it a few times. He chuckled.

"Say, Gumi," he looked at me with those sparkling periwinkle eyes of his, "I still haven't told Kaito about your...questions."

"What?" I furrowed my brow, "What questions?"

He laughed and reached into my hair to tousle it but Len shoved his hand away. I smiled at the blonde and he smiled back momentarily, after which he glared at Gakupo.

"You don't have permission to tease her," Len said. Gakupo scoffed.

"Whatever," he mumbled, "Hey, Kaito."

"Hmm?" Kaito stopped licking his spoon, which was covered in chocolate sauce, and looked up at Gakupo.

He's...very hot..., I thought to myself as I shifted uneasily in my spot. Please stop licking your spoon like that, Kaito!

"Gumi here was asking about you a week ago," Gakupo said. Instantly, I remembered what he was talking about.

"Oh, really?" Len smirked, eyeing me, "Gumi, I never knew you were such a...fangirl."

I pulled my green hair over my face, attempting to hide my blushing. Kaito didn't say anything. He was just looking at me.

"She asked about the tennis team," Gakupo went on.