Chapter 3

Avril was startled as her head collided with the back of her seat. Her whole body jerked back and forth once before she then swung to the side, hitting her head on the window beside her. She screamed Evan's name, watching his head bash against the front seat. Everyone was in utter shock.

It was supposed to be fun. I wanted to have fun...

The scene was quite a blurry one, as Avril heard numbers being dialed and yelling and sirens and overall, just pure chaos at that. She just barely kept her eyes open as she lay on the gurney in the back of the ambulance. They soon arrived, and Avril grew dizzy as she swooshed past doorways and desks and such as she was being pushed to the emergency room, the white ceiling tiles blurring past her.

Waiting in her hospital bed, Avril had an excruciatingly painful head ache and a ringing in her ear.

The boys came in the room to check on her.

"Hey Av. How ya doing?" One of them asked.

"I'm fine. Just a head ache..." She bit lip, trying to keep her mind off of the pain in her head, feeling like someone was repeatedly bashing a brick against her head. "How's Evan?"

"Evan seems pretty calm," Matt shrugged.

"Oh good!" Avril perked up.

"...Because he's asleep," he finished his statement.

"Wait, what?"

"He has a big concussion.'' Jesse said bluntly.

Avril blankly stared at everyone.

"When will he wake up?" Her voice cracked.

"I'm not sure. I hope it's soon.."

"Me too." She maintained a calm attitude, but she felt the world falling beneath her. She felt her whole body shake. She knew Evan would be ok. She knew she was overreacting. But she just always overthought things lately. She cared so much about him, and if worse comes to worst, Evan could be really hurt for a long time, or worse, die.

A glossy coat of tears shielded Avril's eyes from the clear vision of everything around her.

"Avril? Are you okay?"

That was a super dumb question, Av thought.

"Fine."

Now the tears were ready to be forced down her face like streams of water running down a car window on a rainy day. Having a head ache she could not stand, hearing a miserably annoying ringing, and finding out her boyfriend has a concussion and is in a coma is not a good mix. She couldn't handle the pain in in her head physically nor mentally, causing her to erupt.

She buried her face in her hands and cried a silent, but depressing cry. Just seeing her like that made everyone's shoulders slouch a little.

"Av? You don't seem okay right now."

"I'm fine." Avril mumbled.

"I'm calling someone."

"I'm fine!"

Jesse walked over to the bed and pressed the help button on the side.

"Hello? This is the nurse, Sherrie."

"Well, Avril is crying and seems to be in a lot of pain."

"Is she sitting up?"

"Yes, sorta."

"Ok. I'll be right down."