Chapter 4

It was like they were underwater.

They couldn't swim fast enough to get to her.

They were being pulled by the current.

"We put Avril to sleep-"

"Wait, what!?" Jesse interrupted.

"For a while," the nurse finished, adapting an annoyed tone.

"Oh."

"When she wakes up, she may not have good memory, and forget things easily. She also may experience issues with talking and thinking straight. And other things like that."

"So basically she'll be the same."

"No. Not exactly. She'll be worse."

"Oh."

"So please be patient with her."

"We understand," Matt said. Matt felt a gentle tap on his shoulder. He turned on his heel.

"Hey Matt. How is everyone doing?" Becca asked.

(Becca is a very close friend of Matt. She isn't in real life. She's just a character. Let's just pretend ;) )

"Evan is still in a coma and Avril's brain is messed up. So completely great," He said sarcastically with a sigh.

Jesse looked over Avril and stared at her pale, cold face with hints of red painted upon her cheeks.

"She looks dead."

"She's just asleep."

"But she looks scary. Like they just dug her body out of the grave."

''Dark much?" said Charlie.

"I'm just stating the truth. And the truth ain't always happy."

"Yeah, whatever," Charlie rolled his eyes.

Mark slipped out of the room.

"Hey! Where you going?" Matt hollered. He followed behind.

The boys peeked into Evan's room and saw him sitting up, obviously confused.

"Evan! You're awake!" they all shout and run to him.

"What am I even doing here?" he said in a tired voice.

"Well, you got in a car accident and now have a concusion." Matt said.

"Are you guys okay?"

"We weren't in the accident. It was only you and Av's van."

"Is Avril okay?" His eyes grew wide.

"Well, we aren't exactly 100% sure.."

Evan swallowed his own spit. 

"Well, I'm fine. So let's go see her," he tried to get out of the bed but the boys ran over to him and held him down.

"Woah, woah buddy. You have a concusion and you weren't even let out."

"Well, I'm fine. So let me go! I don't care if they yell at me! I just wanna see Avril!" he shoved them away and began to run towards the door. "And I'm in gown... But I don't care! I'm going to see Avril!" he grabbed his sweatshirt out of the corner of the room and put it on. He then ran to Avril's room next door, stumbling over himself a few times.

"Uhm, aren't you supposed in your room?" a woman said.

He ignored her and ran to Avril.

Evan was suprised to see her asleep. That scared him. He didn't freak out loud, though.

He just looked down at her pale skin, looking drained of life. Looking noncontent. Looking scared and pained.

His fingers stroked her cheek. He kneeled down to her.

"Please wake up..." he whispered. "Please." a painful headache swarmed his head.

He wanted to ignore it and be with Avril, but he knew he wasn't right at that moment. He felt dizzy. Sure, it was just a small concussion, but he wouldn't let it get worse so he couldn't see Avril.

So he stumbled back to his own room with his shoulders slouched, wishing he didn't have a concussion.

He wished he could focus on one thing without forgetting what it was all together.

"Dude, are you okay? Do you need water or something?" Charlie asked Evan.

"Yeah, fine. Just a little lightheaded after running back and fourth from to Avril's room."

"Well, Avril will be okay. She was just complaining of a major headache."

"Then why is she asleep?"

"She also has a concussion. Probably worse than you. Apparently she bashed her head pretty hard."

"When will she wake up?"

"Soon I think. She just won't be able to function very well for a while."

"I just hope she'll be okay afterwards." Evan adopted a worried tone.

"Of course she will. She's Avril Lavigne."

So that chapter was SUPER short and I'm sorry about that. But I just really wanted to get this story updated! I've been working on other stories, which is why this has taken forever to be updated. Anyway, hope you enjoyed!