Bad Dreams

Everything belongs to J.K. Rowling, except the characters I made up and the storyline.

I hope you find this story interesting, please feel free to comment on your thoughts!

Without further ado:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2 - Bad Dreams

         “Hey, Karolyn!” Sirius called through the hall. Karolyn were just walking out a classroom after a transfiguration class. It had been almost two weeks since she began at Hogwarts. The other students were all very nice to her, she had almost immediately found a friend in Lily Evans, but she mostly hung out with her half-brother and the other Slytherin students.

She had some classes with the Gryffindor students, and when those happened she would sit by Lily. She could always feel Sirius’ gaze on her back, and she ignored it most of the time. Yes, he was nice to her when they talked, but everyone was nice to her. Especially boys. That’s the catch about being part Veela; guys usually fell smack in love with her. She had been surprised when Severus didn’t go for her, but then he had explained his whole situation about Lily Evans.

When Karolyn spent time with Lily, James and Sirius would always lurk nearby. James apparently liked Lily too, even though she found him pretty annoying. That’s what she kept telling Karolyn at least. Once in a while Karolyn would speak to Sirius, but most of the time she’d brush him off.

         “Sirius.” Karolyn greeted the dark-haired boy as he caught up to her.

         “What are you doing tonight?” he asked, slightly breathless. Karolyn laughed and shook her head.

         “This is the fifth time you have asked me out, Sirius.”

         “Yes, and I won’t stop until you’ve said yes.”

         “You sure are persistent!” Karolyn sighed.

         “And you haven’t answered my question yet! Have run out of bad excuses?” Sirius stepped out in front of Karolyn so she couldn’t walk further.

         “No. I’m just trying to spare you of yet another rejection.”

         “If you want to spare me, then say yes!” he persisted.

Karolyn chuckled and shook her head, “Sirius…” she bit her lip as he looked expectantly at her, “ask me again tomorrow. I actually do have plans tonight.” She continued.

         “May I ask what plans you have?” he moved out of her way and they both began walking again.

         “Well… you won’t like the answer.”

         “Does it have anything to do with my brother?” Karolyn grudgingly nodded, “Great. The one girl I like, and my brother gets all the damn luck and meets her first.” Sirius muttered under his breath.

Karolyn tried hiding her smile but failed miserably, “Don’t worry, it’s not what you think. I just have to help him with a potions assignment.” She said as they finally made it to the Great Hall for lunchtime.

         “Sure. Well, I'll see you later.” Muttered Sirius and went down to his friends at the Gryffindor table. He couldn’t believe his bad luck, why was she sorted into Slytherin? He had so more opportunities at making a move on her, and now they were spending the evening together. Sirius clenched his fists as he sat down next to Remus.